Inventory does not reconcile with G/L

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

I'm trying to find out the reasons that have caused Inventory and G/L to have discrepancy.
To narrow down where to look, will you please advise what can cause the 2 balance to mismatch? The only reason that I can think of is posting the Journal Entry using Inventory account, but that is not the case here.
And FYI, the "Automatic Cost Posting" and "Expected Cost Posting" are both set as "yes".

What I've also noticed is that the result of "Status (706)" report and "Inventory Valuation (10139)" does not match. I thought that 2 reports will always display the Inventory balance as of certain date, but it seems like that is not true in this case.

Thank you.

knm

Comments

• udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    I would suggest to match Inventory valuation report with its G/L Account Net change, with a particular Date Filter
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    udayrmer,

I would try your suggestion, but then, what is the core difference between the "Status" report and the "Inventory Valuation" report. I've been using the former report to calculate the Inventory Value.

Thank you.

Kenji
    Both reports derived from Value entry & Item Ledger entry,

Status report gives you till date balance, while with Inventory valuation you can derive net change.

as per your question you are right that both report should be same, i agree but to run Inventory valuation report you have to define some start date, then entries with date before start date will not be there.

and as your concern with reconciliation with G/L you must do my suggestion. because both report using same source.
    Are we talking about the same report when you mention "Inventory Valuation" report?
    Because when I launch the report "Inventory Valuation (10139)", there's a field for "As of Date", but there is no field for me to define the starting date.

Please correct me if I'm looking at the wrong report.

Thank you.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    knm wrote:
    Are we talking about the same report when you mention "Inventory Valuation" report?
    Because when I launch the report "Inventory Valuation (10139)", there's a field for "As of Date", but there is no field for me to define the starting date.

Please correct me if I'm looking at the wrong report.

Thank you.

The report id 10139 is seems for your country specific and udayrmer is talking about report 1001.
    Hi Vijay_g,

I'm using NAV2009R2 NA (North America) version, and I don't see the report 1001.
    Do you know if there are any report that is similar to 1001?

Thank you.
    knm wrote:
    Hi Vijay_g,

I'm using NAV2009R2 NA (North America) version, and I don't see the report 1001.
    Do you know if there are any report that is similar to 1001?

Thank you.

Hi knm

I an talking about report 1001, and with my Indian localization i haven't report 10139