Accessing Licence Information(Virtual table) from ext. app.

mxmibusomxmibuso Member Posts: 2
Hello to all,

I am newbie in NAV, but i am .net developer for 2 yrs. I searched the forum already to find answer to my problem, but im not lucky.

This new employer of mine asks me if this is possible (NAV and LSretail nav are their new products), they have external customized app (done in c#.net) requested by a client who also using licensed NAV classic with MS sql server, and then they want me to use the LICENSE INFORMATION table to get the License expiration date, and use that Expiration date for that external app. It means, if the client's NAV License expires then the client can not use also the external app.

I don't know if that is ethical or allowed, i dont wanna judge my employer, but their option is to make another external app for registration for custom external apps.

whatever, but i checked this License info table, i found out it is virtual table.

is there other way, to find license expiry date that i can query and use for external app? Do I need to make automation ? any idea?

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Does client license expire? As far as I know only partner license expires.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ufuk wrote:
    Does client license expire? As far as I know only partner license expires.

Yes this is correct, licenses do not expire. Probably they were working with a developers license.
    David Singleton