Flowfield type sum field don't let me use asterisks

markyTmarkyT Member Posts: 120
Hello, I have a flowfield in Item table that sum the sales amount quantity from sales orders by adding the "Outstanding Quantity" field. We have different types of "No." of sales order and now I want to discriminate, so that in flowfield tablefilter I add: "No." - Filter - PV * to get only the orders that start with PV. But when trying to enter in Item label it tells me:
"You can calculate the sum of values ​​of the field" Amount outstanding "because the filter contains questions (?) Asterisks (*) or signs at sign (@)"
That is, it doesn`t let me filter by ordering that "beginning with". How I can then do this please?.
Thank you very much.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    markyT wrote:
    Hello, I have a flowfield in Item table that sum the sales amount quantity from sales orders by adding the "Outstanding Quantity" field. We have different types of "No." of sales order and now I want to discriminate, so that in flowfield tablefilter I add: "No." - Filter - PV * to get only the orders that start with PV. But when trying to enter in Item label it tells me:
    "You can calculate the sum of values ​​of the field" Amount outstanding "because the filter contains questions (?) Asterisks (*) or signs at sign (@)"
    That is, it doesn`t let me filter by ordering that "beginning with". How I can then do this please?.
    Thank you very much.

PV000000..PV999999 or something like that.
    David Singleton
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Add another field "Type of Order" and use this in your FlowField. You can also think of using FlowFilter instead of creating one FlowField for each Type of Order.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Add another field "Type of Order" and use this in your FlowField. You can also think of using FlowFilter instead of creating one FlowField for each Type of Order.

:thumbsup:
    David Singleton
  • markyTmarkyT Member Posts: 120

Thanks for reply. What you say was Plan B.
    Thanks for help.
  • himanshu_yadavhimanshu_yadav Member Posts: 1
    why we can't use a flowfield field in sumindex filed..???
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    A FlowField isn't really a field, it's more of some kind of view to another table.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."