Unattended NAV 5 client Installation : How to ?

raphaelkraphaelk Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone !

I'm new in NAV world ! I wonder how possible is it to have an unattended installation of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 client ; I found some information but the automatic setup still fails !

I red topics about this, but I didn't find the solution yet.

The command line I have is

msiexec /i "NAV_MSI_PACKAGE_NAME.msi" /qd /l=c:\file.log" INSTLEVEL=80

=> The log file stops as the same point : it seems to want to copy the test database :
InstallShield 17:29:51: Finished Comitting Property Bag
MSI (s) (18:84) [17:30:01:750]: Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client -- Error 1308.Source file not found: C:\NAVISION\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\database.fdb. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Error 1308.Source file not found: C:\NAVISION\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\database.fdb. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Action ended 17:30:02: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action ended 17:30:03: INSTALL. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (18:84) [17:30:03:532]: Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client -- Installation operation failed.

help would be really appreciate !

/R

Comments

• tejasrane2000tejasrane2000 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Before installing the C – Side VERSON NAV 5.0 Client points to be noted
    1. Always install the application in Administrator
    2. Stop the Services like Firewall, i.e Symantec ( RUN WINDOW) smc –stop
    3. Change the Time Zone, Language Etc
    4. And give full rights to C Drive

Try this before installing part
    Tejas Rane
    LS Retail Functional Consultant
  • raphaelkraphaelk Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Thx for your answer. I dont have any issue when I install the client manually. I'm looking for a way to install NAV 5 "the unattended way".

/R
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    For standard users, Just copy the ..\program files\Navision Client 5 folder to another PC, create a shortcut and that's it.
  • raphaelkraphaelk Member Posts: 4
    I will try that !

Thx !

/R
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    For standard users, Just copy the ..\program files\Navision Client 5 folder to another PC, create a shortcut and that's it.

I don't know what you define as a "standard user", but in my experience most users can not use Navision this way. You need the registry entries to do a lot in versions of Navision after 3.10. Sure a lot of things will work, but the users will keep getting errors of missing DLLs and funny errors like Navision simply closing without warning if they don't use the full installer package.

From 3.60 onwards I always recommend a full install.
    David Singleton
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802

I don't know what you define as a "standard user", but in my experience most users can not use Navision this way. You need the registry entries to do a lot in versions of Navision after 3.10. Sure a lot of things will work, but the users will keep getting errors of missing DLLs and funny errors like Navision simply closing without warning if they don't use the full installer package.

From 3.60 onwards I always recommend a full install.
    I mean, no extras like outlook sync, gant cards, etc. just start with a shortcut