New Database

anphilipanphilip Member Posts: 86
Dear friend,

I'm a newbie here. Can any one tell me how to create a new database for my ownself learning pace. May can provide me the step. What is the different between fin & finsql database. I'm so confuss.

Is there any website that I can download the user guide on how to create a database. Also I need to get familiarise with NAV system but just no idea on how to start. I have read thru the forum but they did mention need more practice then you will learn it. May be someone can share with me where to kick start as a beginner.

Thank you.

Comments

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    Start by reading the C/Side Introduction Manual, and just use the demo database for now. There is no need to create new database.
    Next is to ask your senior / partner to give you some training.

and to answer your question:
    NAV could run on C/SIDE Native database, or on SQL database. fin uses Native Database, and finsql uses SQL Database. There are differences between them, and you could start by reading this.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • anphilipanphilip Member Posts: 86
    dans wrote:
    Start by reading the C/Side Introduction Manual, and just use the demo database for now. There is no need to create new database.
    Next is to ask your senior / partner to give you some training.

and to answer your question:
    NAV could run on C/SIDE Native database, or on SQL database. fin uses Native Database, and finsql uses SQL Database. There are differences between them, and you could start by reading this.

Thanks for your advise.