Options

Manufacturing - WIP Bins

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-06-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Everyone,

So I have a scenario and just so everyone knows we are NOT using the warehouse granule at this moment but if this is the only way to do it we can turn it on but would rather not.

We have a routing that is numbers from 100 --> 500 that has a fixed Bin Code of Bin code "A"

When the first user reports his work via the output journal we want him to change the Bin Code to A.1 ( meaning that they have taken the parts from A and moved them to A.1). The option is available in the output Journal but when looking at the capacity ledger entry there is no Bin Code. I've looked everywhere else and either there is no bin code or everything has a bin code of "A" not A.1..

Does anyone know if there is a place where the Bin Code of A.1 was reports from the output Journal? I can't find it anywhere. If not does someone have a suggestion on how to report back WIP Bin Contents?

Thank you
-rico1931

Comments

• Options
    udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Hi,

you have wrong impression of filed Bin Code & New Bin Code, please go through manuals,

this fields are for Item reclassification, not for output Journal, always item output from Prod. Order Stored to Bin code, defined in Prod. Order.
    Ya you can change Bin Code for Items which are getting consumed in Prod. Order.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • Options
    Hi Udayrmer, thanks for the response but I don't think you get what I'm trying to do.

I'm talking about WIP ( Work in Progress) I'm trying to set a temp Bin for WIP.. yes in the end of the production order it's going to be put away in the original Bin defined in the Prod. Order.

I know all about the reclassification journal but that is to pretty much permanently move the item from one Bin to another and that is NOT what I want to do.

anyone else have an idea of how I might accomplish setting a WIP bin for Prod. Orders.
    udayrmer wrote:
    Hi,

you have wrong impression of filed Bin Code & New Bin Code, please go through manuals,

this fields are for Item reclassification, not for output Journal, always item output from Prod. Order Stored to Bin code, defined in Prod. Order.
    Ya you can change Bin Code for Items which are getting consumed in Prod. Order.
    -rico1931
  • Options
    udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Hi reco,

Ok but in NAV there is not any concept like WIP Bin, I you want such functionality then you have to write custom code.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • Options
    udayrmer wrote:
    Hi reco,

Ok but in NAV there is not any concept like WIP Bin, I you want such functionality then you have to write custom code.

Thanks Udayrmer... ya we talked to our partner about it and they said the same thing. we are just going to do the process outside of nav..
    -rico1931