Identifying source of Adjustments in Value Entry Table

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a Sales Profit Report in NAV, and to build one, I'm using the Value Entry table as the key table for the report.

And when creating the report I'd like to identify the Cost of Item, and Item Charge separately on the report.

I believe I got the basic right, but I'm having trouble with the following situation.

Let's say that Sales Invoice was posted in April, and during May (after April is closed), additional Charge Item of $10.00 is posted for the inventory that the Sales Invoice shipped out.
Assuming that the Inventory was fully shipped in the Sales Invoice, a $10.00 Adjustment entry will be created in the Value Entry table, with the Posting Date of May 1st, for the Sales Invoice.
But just by looking at this Value Entry I cannot identify whether this adjustment was created due to posting Charge Item, or due to posting Item Application Worksheet.

Is there an efficient way of identifying such information?

Thank you.

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    If it was posted directly against the sales shipment then the Source Code will be SALES, but if it came from a cost adjustment it will be INVTADJMT.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi gerrykistler,

I just checked this right now, but for both of the following scenarios, the Source Code was set as "INVTADJMT".
    a) Posting Item Charge
    b) Posting Item Application Worksheet

Do you think there's other way for identifying the above 2 entries?

Thank you.
    If you post an Item Charge against the Shipment then the source code would be SALES, but if the Item Charge was posted against a receipt or other inbound entry then it gets recorded as any other adjustments.

You would probably have to re-engineer the applied cost to determine what was from Item Charges and what was just from the purchase price
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Hi,

whenever you are posting Item(Charge), item charge No. will be carried out to Value entry, so you can use it as a filter to bifurcate "INVTADJMT" entries.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
    From what I understand it is an Item Charge posted against the receipt that he wants to know the impact on the sales entry. When the adjustment goes to the sales entry the Item Charge No. is not carried forward.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    If it is adjustment then "Adjustment" will true and if it is Item charge then Item Charge no. will not be blank.
    You can use this field to bifurcate the entries.

Regards,
    Faisal Bukhari
    Hi Gerry,

Item Charge No. will be updated when you are posting invoice for that charge item.

I think you are talking about you are posting charge Item for already shipped item ?
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi,

If "Item Charge" is assigned to the items that are already shipped out, then an adjustment entry will be created in the Value Entry table. And this Adjustment Entry will have "Adjustment = TRUE", and "Item Charge No. = blank", so by just looking at the adjustment entry, there is no way of distinguishing whether the adjustment was created due to posting Charge Item, or Item Application Worksheet.

So is my conclusion that the tables have to be modified to carry such identifier?

Thank you.
    my suggestion to post invoice of this item charge, Item Charge no. will be populated to value entry,
    or you can custom code, to assign item charge no. to value entry when shipment being posted

Hope now your issue get solved
    knm wrote:
    Hi,

If "Item Charge" is assigned to the items that are already shipped out, then an adjustment entry will be created in the Value Entry table. And this Adjustment Entry will have "Adjustment = TRUE", and "Item Charge No. = blank", so by just looking at the adjustment entry, there is no way of distinguishing whether the adjustment was created due to posting Charge Item, or Item Application Worksheet.

So is my conclusion that the tables have to be modified to carry such identifier?

Thank you.

Yes you are correct.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    knm wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you.

Yes you are correct.

You can't assume that the adjusting entry is related to a single cost increase such as one item charge. It could be the result of any combination of multiple cost changes higher up in the costing chain.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    edited 2012-06-21
    It could be possible if you have Automatic Cost Posting set to Always as then each cost adjustment will be isolated. However this then means you have to be mucking around in cost application - and I would not recommend that approach.

I will go back to my prior suggestion of reconstructing the cost source by going to the entry(ies) applied to and recalculating the source of the costs.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Not so sure I'd make that assumption.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.