Finished Goods Production without Output Routing and Output

sandipsandip Member Posts: 58
Hi all Experts,

i have one query in the production.

I have defined the production bom but have not defined the Routing for the same.

I have checked the transaction of Consumption journal, it is calculating the consumption as per the entry.

In the consumption journal, when i select the prod. order and the item for the same order and after clicking the Functions Calc. consumption it will calculate the consumption as per the production bom lines.

When i try to post the consumption journal, it gives the error for the 1st line item is not in inventory i.e the finished good item.

When i remove the first line, then it post the consumption journal.

When i post the Output journal of the same item with reference of the production order, then only it create the finished goods product output generated.

Is there is any other solution without creating the output journal entry ?

Thanks well in advance.

Sandeep Deshpande

Comments

• lavanyaballurgilavanyaballurgi Member Posts: 235
    And why is that you want to avoid using OUTPUT journal?
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    suggestion to use production Journal from Production Journal.

and i cant understand line,

When i try to post the consumption journal, it gives the error for the 1st line item is not in inventory i.e the finished good item.

is it possible to define a line with same item you producing, is in component.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    "In the consumption journal, when i select the prod. order and the item for the same order and after clicking the Functions Calc. consumption it will calculate the consumption as per the production bom lines."

No need to enter the Item for the same order.
    In consumption journal-->Function-->calc Consumption-->enter Prod. order no. and press ok.

It will solve the issue.

Regards,
    Faisal Bukhari
  • gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    Are you sure you do not have the finished item on the BOM? If you do then this is a mistake. The Production Journal suggestion is the best one as it gives the Output and Consumption in one place.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • sandipsandip Member Posts: 58
    Hi experts

i want to know in which menu of the manufacturing the production journal option is there ?

Thanks in advance

Sandeep Deshpande
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Open any Released Prod. Order,
    In Classic Client, in bottom there is "Line" button, then there is "Production Journal"
    In Role Tailored Client, On subform's Action, "Line" button, then there is "Production Journal"
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
  • sandipsandip Member Posts: 58
    Thanks for the information

Sandeep Deshpande