Grouping Sales Report by Store No/Code

maya-chanmaya-chan Member Posts: 45
Hai Masters,

I want to modify old report. The old one is not grouping, and user want get grouping by Store No and then by order date.
FYI I use 2 table, 'Sales Header' and 'Sales Report Table'. I have added group section. And on the 'Sales Header' table there is only 2 Store No/code, those are SG & CP. But Why the grouping not shown? And on Body (Sales Report Table) the 'order date' only show 2 date only (I gueaa it represent about the 2 store no).

On the report designer there's not section for 'Sales Header' table. Only for 'Sales Report Table' table.

Please help me...

Thx
Maya

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    There are a lot of options you may need to check, for example, what is the key selected for the dataitems? does that match the fields you have selected for grouping, if there is no sections for the sales header table in the report you have to manually add these sections, what are the TotalsCausedBy fields, etc. etc.

Have you ever done groupings on NAV reports? If not then I guess you need to read-up and understand the concepts first.
  • maya-chanmaya-chan Member Posts: 45
    I have done with grouping before (another report and it's well done successfully). That's what make me strange.
    Hmm for the index, I have checked it too, store no is a key for the both table there. I have to modify from old one with many coding inside. I worry if I change the coding will effect to the report, so I just modify the layout (section designer). From the beginning the 1st consultant/programmer not include 'Sales Header' table on the section. And the record could be display. But then I realize somehow the Store No not shown too, even its not grouping (on old report).
    Anyone can help? I still help problem with this report.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee
    Sorry I mean I still have problem
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Can you share some more details about the situation, with some screen shots, etc.?
    Here I upload
    And also
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    is there any dataitemLink between this two
    plz share screenshot of dataitem properties also
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
    That's the problem, no link. I have tried to link it but the report can't show.
    There's a trigger to run some windows dialogue.

{

IF recStore.FIND('-') THEN BEGIN
    intStoreCounter += 1;

Window.UPDATE(1, recStore."No.");
    Window.UPDATE(2, recStore.Name + ', ' + recStore.Address);
    Window.UPDATE(3, ROUND(intStoreCounter / intTotalStoreCounter * 10000,1));
    }

something like that code.
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    There should be some link dear.

also your had specified store no. & code in Sales Header's Group footer, then Specify a key starting with Store no. & Code, and add to TotalFields, still not done share your Sales Header dataItem Properties.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
    Yes, I tried to link it. But if I link it, the report will shown error message " Windows dialogue can't be open" then close. I dunno what kind of purpose this report before. But now I have to modify #-o [-o<
    Dear Uday,

What's your email ID?