Options

Help with the Navision Localization Workbench tool

mshubalymshubaly Member Posts: 7
I have a few questions! :oops:

I have currently been asked to help with the translation of our application from English to Spanish and I have never used the Navision Localization Workbench (NLW) before this...

My role is to get to the Spanish Translators exactly what they need in order to effectively translate our field names, Caption MLs, etc. and they will also be using the NLW tool although do not have experience with it either.

This is the situation:

We already had an earlier version of our application translated into Spanish so I exported it out into a .flm file and imported that into our current version.

1) I set the [Tools->Language] to Spanish(Tradtional Sort)

2) Then I exported [Object Designer->Tools->Translate->Export->.txt file] from our application in MBS-Navision for each object type (IE: all the tables were in one export)

3) I opened up the NLW tool and created a separate project for each type of object and imported the text file once the project was created.

4) I then [File->Import->Translated File] and selected the same text file so it would register the already translated fields and caption MLs, etc.

So now I have projects with both 'Translated' and 'Not Translated' Status Texts.

I don't know if this is the correct way to use the NLW.

Do I export the original text file from the application as a Spanish FLM file? or should it be an English FLM file?
basically I need to translate the delta between the older version and the newer version.

does anyone have any advice?
documentation?
process in place for using the NLW successfully?

Thanks,
Meg