Currency for Quates and Currency for Sales Order

cbasiliscbasilis Member Posts: 18
Hi, I have a question about a process that have one of our customer. The made sales quotes with EUR as a Currency, but when they convert the sales quotes to Sale order, they change the currency code to USD, but the LC is DOP. We setup the currency exchange to USD to DOP, EUR to DOP.

The problem and is very logic, when the user change the currency from the Sale Order EUR to USD, the user have to insert again the sales price. How can I solve this problem or I have to do some customization?

Thank you for the help

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Why do user have to insert the sales price? I didn't understand this part. Doesn't NAV calculate Sales Price when you change Currency Code?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    If there are not sales prices setup for the currency then the user would need to re-enter the sales prices. This is because when you change the currency, the system will recalculate the sales price as if the user was entering the lines. So if there are no sales prices created for that currency, it will set the price to zero.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    If there are not sales prices setup for the currency then the user would need to re-enter the sales prices. This is because when you change the currency, the system will recalculate the sales price as if the user was entering the lines. So if there are no sales prices created for that currency, it will set the price to zero.

I am not sure if I understood correctly but I want to clarify what I meant:
    One sales price is enough for NAV to convert Unit Price between currencies. If there isn't any sales price then Unit Price is removed upon Currency Code validation on Sales Header. But cbasilis said inserting Sales Price and I suppose Sales Price is used.

If you do not use Sales Price and want to keep initial Unit Price then yes, you have to do some customization. I've done this before and it is quite easy to do this modification.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • cbasiliscbasilis Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

The user insert the Sales price in the sales Quote with the currency EUR, this if because the customer sent the sales quotes to the Headquarter in France, but they sales order have to be invoice in USD. The problem is, that the local Currency is DOP (Dominican pesos), we have the exchange rate from EUR to DOP and USD to DOP, but no EUR to USD.

When they change the currency code on the Sales Order from EUR to USD, the price change to blank.

Thank for the help
    Have you tried first changing from EUR to DOP and then from DOP to USD?

Otherwise try with an Exchange rate for USD from EUR
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Do you use Sales Price functionality or not?
    If you use sales price (not entering a value in Unit Price) then defining a Sales Price in EUR will be enough. You can change currency to LCY or any other currency. NAV will calculate value in other currencies. You do not require to enter it in USD or LCY (if the price is not relative to currency) and you do not require a conversion rate between FCY.
    IF you do not use Sales Price, customization is required.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    They use the sales price in USD not in EUR, I was thinking create two sales price one for sales quotes and the other one for the sales invoice...Or made some customization.
    No modification is needed. Just create prices in EUR and USD
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Thank you everybody for the help...I will suggest that create sales prices in USD and EUR.

Gracias!

Carlos