Options

Automating Adjust Cost (Web Service)

kriptkript Member Posts: 3
edited 2012-06-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

maybe someone can shed some light on the problem I'm having at the moment.

I need to automate the adjust cost using a scheduling table. The schedule table will have the items that needs to be adjusted on a specific day.
Slow moving items will be adjusted during the week and the fast moving items will be adjusted over the weekend when there is little or no processing taking place.

Now, I can execute the process through the web service being called through a SQL job without a problem.
The problem though is that when an specific item adjust cost fails for whatever reason, an error field on the schedule table needs to be updated with the relevant error message returned from NAV. On the next run this item will be excluded until the error has been fixed.

If the adjust cost completed without any errors, I update a "success" field, excluding the item from the next run as well.

I have tried breaking the adjust cost, so that I can get the error message returned without any luck. I cannot go on the assumption that the adjust cost will be 100% correct every time.
While trying to break the adjust cost, by manually deleting location values, global dimension values from the Value Entry table, the adjust cost runs through and marks the Cost is Adjusted for the specific item in the Avg. Cost Adjmt. Entry Point table as true. With this happening, the adjust cost for the item will not run again for these entries.

I might be going about this the wrong way and would appreciate some help or guidance on this issue.

Current NAV being used is : NAV 2009 on Windows 2003 with SQL 2008.

Many thanks
Morne