How to use SQLXML Managed Classes

sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
Hi,

I want to use "SQLXML Managed Classes" in my CAL code.
I installed this form Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 Feature Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download ... x?id=27596). I am not able to find Microsoft Data SQL XML in Automation Server list.

How can i register this DLL (Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.dll) file so that i can use this in NAV. I try this but got stuck in the below error.

RegSvr32
C:\Program Files\SQLXML 4.0\bin\Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
This file can not be registered.

Thanks,

Comments

• koubekkoubek Member Posts: 84
    Have you tried to register the library using regasm command. I suppose it is managed .NET library...
  • sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
    I think after successful installation Microsoft Data SQL XML should available in Automation Server list.

After manual registration (RegAsm "C:\Program Files\SQLXML 4.0\bin\Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.dll"), this is still not available in Automation Server list.

In NAV 2009 R2, this is available under dotnet datatype. In my case I need to implement this in NAV 2009 Sp1. I want to complete this using automation /ocx variable.

Thanks,
    The library probably (i have not really check it) does not provide COM interface (then you can not see it as a Automation type). You can creat simple COM wrapper in VisualStudio (for example in C#) or use it as a DotNet type.
  • sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
    I want to use SQLXML to get this result:

1. Create a connection with NAV Database.
    2. Run the SQL quesry

SELECT TOP 100 [No_],[Name],[Address],[City],[Contact],[Global Dimension 1 Code] as GD1,[Global Dimension 2 Code] as GD2
    FROM [Demo Database NAV (6-0) W1].[dbo].[CRONUS International Ltd_$Customer]
    FOR XML PATH ('Customers'), ROOT ('Customer');

3. Write the output of the above query in stream (NAV OutStream).
    4. Create InStream and call XMLport to import this.

Can someone suggest some solution approach here.

Thanks,
    Manish
    You have probably two DBs and importing data from the first one to another one...? This is the only reason i can imagine you want to use so complicated approach. Please, describe the situation better (databases - one/two; platform - native/sql - NAV version etc.) to propose you another solution.