Item reserving and Shipment

GilGil Member Posts: 49
Has anyone encountered this problem in sales order, let's say that you have 5 item A then you reserved those 5 items.
Then create a new order and ship 5 of those same items. It does allow you to ship those reserved items.
I'm using nav5, does anyone has a solution for this?

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    System never do the reservation with already reserved item until you manually cancel that reserved. if you have sufficient stock for next order then it reserve fresh item stock and if you don't have stock for next order then system ask you like 'Automatic reservation is not possible.\Reserve items manually?' in that if you make reservation by canceling old one then it can happen.
  • faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    Check whether Item card ...Planning Tab ..Reserve.
    If it is "always" then system wont allow to ship the items without reservation .if it is optional then Shipment can be done as in ur case, but it will give warning of stock out.

Also verify that the shipment u have posted without reservation will not apply the Item ledger against which rsmeservations is done.

If u want reservation mandatory make sure Reserve is always on item card.

the problem is it doesnt give any warning that it is out of stock or so.. may i know exactly what the text message is? so that i can trace it.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    This is the message system through when item out of stock. "Automatic reservation is not possible.\Reserve items manually?"
  • faizguy84faizguy84 Member Posts: 52
    Please verify the Sales & Receivables Setup-->"Stockout Warning" must true in order to get the stock out warning message.