Sales Tax

stevegraystevegray Member Posts: 8
edited 2007-09-14 in Navision Financials
Can anyone recommend a sales tax solution that would help keep track of the thosands of sales tax juridictions in the US and integrate with Financials?

Comments

• AEklundAEklund Member Posts: 13
    We are looking at CCH, Avalara and Vertax.

In general, we have both sales tax and use tax, across all 52 states..

CCH seems to offer "standard" tax rate tables, but they don't necessarily accomodate certain industry specific taxes. We are in the restaurant business and differnet equipment is taxed differently.. As a solution, I am considering it to be good but incomplete, and I am not quite sure how to configure it in Navision tables. We expect navision calculations would do thte job once we have the tables set up..

Vertax seems to offer a "tax API" approach, where we have to get navision to call into vertax, otherwise we have to figure out how to get their tables into NAV's. Not sure yet how it addresses special "taxability" issues, but they do offer downloadable rates.

Avalara has a very nice integration with Navision, and does all the work through an internet based API that Navision is changed to use. Navisions tables are not used. Concern form me is that if they don't understand something then I have no way to fix without the process of involving them.

There are other options I belive, we started only looking at those we could make work with Navision..
    Allan Eklund
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello Tectura has an addon for CCH and Vertax.

The addons modifies several tables, and provides an import routine to update the tax rates.

As AEKlund explained, CCH has one rate and Vertax has multiple rates.

CCH has mulitple rates but but you purchase one rate based on business you are in.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n