Open a specific Help Topic from a form

Thomas_Hviid_ThornThomas_Hviid_Thorn Member Posts: 92
Hej

From a form I'd like to make a button, which opens a specific help topic (the topic on "Filterkriterien eingeben" - sorry for the German). I'm in a NAV 6.0 (NAV 2009 SP1) client.
Is that possible?
With Kind Regards
Thoms Hviid Thorn

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I'm not sure how you can find the htm of a particular form. (Maybe investigating hh files may help you)

Supposing you know it, you can use shell function to run hh.exe with the chm file and the htm page parameter:

SHELL('C:\Windows\hh.exe','[\\Filepath\FileName.chm]::/[htm page name].htm');

Example:
    SHELL('C:\Windows\hh.exe','C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\TRK\bn_a.chm::/T_8001_4.htm');

In RTC, SHELL is obsolote so you can use Windows Script Host Object Model.WshShell
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Thomas_Hviid_ThornThomas_Hviid_Thorn Member Posts: 92
    Hej

Thank you, that's a possible solution.
    I could find which help-file is was, by right-clicking on it and using the property option.

But it seems to be highly dependent on where the help-files are installed (off course, but I did not pay attention to that part), so I need to figure that out before showing it to a customer :)
    With Kind Regards
    Thoms Hviid Thorn
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You're right, property form gives the url, I've missed that. So you can directly:
    SHELL('C:\Windows\hh.exe',[url]);

or
    HYPERLINK[url]

Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft