Options

Error While Installing NAV 2013 Beta

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2012-06-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I am trying to install NAV 2013 Beta in my computer. My computer configuration is as follows.

1.Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit.
2.SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit.
3.Microsoft Ofiice 2010.

But when I run the setup, I am getting a error as follows.

Setup Components.
The Components was rolled back.

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express.
Package failed to install.

If anyone knows the reason for this error, Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
  • Options
    Hi Mohana,

I tried reading the forum but they are asking to check with configuration. I checked the configuration but still cannot able to install.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Follow the Denster's video which is attached in above link..
  • Options
    Hi Mohana,

I watched that video and then only followed the steps. But I have one doubt I am having SQL Server 2008 Standard edition 64bit. Is it necessary I should have SQL Server 2008 Express edition 64bit for installing NAV 2013 Beta ?

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Michael_RMichael_R Member Posts: 4
    Running the demo installation of NAV 2013 will automatically pull in a new installation of SQL Server if it cannot find an instance called NAVDEMO. In your case the installation of the new instance is failing and you are now faced with two options.

1. Install a SQL Server instance named NAVDEMO by running the SQL Server installer manually.

2. Use the instance you already have be specifying the instance name in the NAV 2013 installer.

To do the latter, you must select the "Choose an installation option" button instead of the "Install Demo" button. Then select the Customize... link on the "Developer" button. You will now se a list of components that you can customize.

Deselect the "Portal Framework for SharePoint" and press the "Next" button. You will now see a list of parameters for the installation, that you can change.

Navigate to the "SQL Server Instance" parameter and write the name of the SQL Server instance, that you want to use. If you have installed the default instance, then you must delete the parameter. Then press the "Apply" button.

NAV 2013 beta should now install on your pre-installed SQL Server instance.

Thanks

- Michael

If you already have another instance of SQL Server on your compu
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    chandrurec wrote:
    I watched that video and then only followed the steps. But I have one doubt I am having SQL Server 2008 Standard edition 64bit. Is it necessary I should have SQL Server 2008 Express edition 64bit for installing NAV 2013 Beta ?
    Then you did not pay attention to when I first start the installer. If you already have all the prerequisites installed (and except for Visual Studio it sure looks like you do), you need to select individual components, and in my video I explain exactly how to do that. If you follow the same steps, it will not even try to install SQL Server Express.

The only thing you might be missing is the report designer pieces. Check out Claus's blog for that part, click here
  • Options
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot. The problem is with defining the sql server instance.Now I can able to install without any problem.

Regards,
    chandru.