Options

Nav Error - Protected Memory

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-06-20 in NAV Three Tier
Has anyone ever seen this error before? We just had it start today and now it starts to happen every time shipping is done closing a order but everything post fine but they have to keep restarting nav.

We haven't tried it in classic yet but we are going to test it out in the morning.
-rico1931

Answers

• Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    I do not remember seing this "crash" message. Are you using any add-ins? It might be them. The Windows client has mostly maneged code.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply beran

we do have the Lanham E-ship add on and this only happens when we go to pack line scanning and Close order print. We have just had a couple of reports from our shipping team that it happens only on computers running Windows XP..

Do you think we should contact Lanham and figure it out?

-rico
    -rico1931
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    It might be interesting to take a look at the EventViewer. It might have some more information about this memory problem.

Does the client actually close after this message?
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    beran wrote:
    It might be interesting to take a look at the EventViewer. It might have some more information about this memory problem.

Does the client actually close after this message?

Hi Beran,

Where would I be able to find the eventviewer? I've never tried it.. Also yes the client actually closes. Just pack line scanning
    -rico1931
  • Options
    mikmik Member Posts: 79
    Hi,
    I got this message today.
    Our service crashed completely as I tried to <RECORDID> := <TEXT> in Codeunit 1 everytime a new contact was created by web service.

So I believe this error message is something which will occur on some errors NAV can not handle correctly.

With kind regards
    mik
  • Options
    mikmik Member Posts: 79
    Hi rico1931!

Sorry that I have not answered your question!

Try START - RUN - type in "eventvwr" without " - press enter
    There you will see your events for the computer. Do this on the service tier. Under Application you will find some "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" events. With some luck you can see a bit of information which can help you.

Please tell us how you can solve your problem. Because I also found a new interesting thing in NAV.

I made a card page where I forgot to fill in the "SourceExpr" for one field. So I had a line with type "Field" without any data information. Everything worked fine. But if the user tried to customize the page the clients crashes because NAV could not load the field list. Nice behaviour. Of course it was a programming error. But ... I don't need to tell anybody here about error handling in NAV ... #-o

/mik

With kind regards
    mik
  • Options
    Finally I figured it out!!!

The sales people were putting the # sign in the third party shipping field before the numbers and it was getting the error! NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN THE FIELDS.

ugh what a waste of time..
    -rico1931