Remove inventory that does not have required Lot number

epi17000epi17000 Member Posts: 4
We have a pail that shows available in inventory however it is not really there and we cannot remove because it does not have the required lot number (you cannot assign a lot number number). Any ideas on how we can remove this phantom pail?

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    I think you need more detail in order to get an answer.

Are you saying that you have an inventory item which is lot tracked but there is an open item ledger entry without the Lot No. filled in? If that is the case then there must have been a routine run over the item to change the Item Tracking Code without calling the field validation and without first making sure there was no inventory on hand or populating the open entries with a Lot No.

Or does the Item show a quantity on hand but there are no open item ledger entries?

Or is it something else?

Please provide some more information.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • epi17000epi17000 Member Posts: 4
    We have an inventory item with is lot tracked. When you look at the item it shows that there is 1 there that is actually not there. When you try to remove it there is no lot number available for this item and assign a lot number in the Item Tracking Lines there is no available lot number to assign to remove this item from inventory. Trying to see if there is a way to remove this item from inventory since there is no lot number to assign. Thanks!
    If you copy the Item Ledger Entries to Excel and total these fields:
    Quantity
    Invoiced Quantity
    Remaining Quantity

What are the totals for each?

Are there any open Item Ledger Entries?

If you run a Phsyical Inventory Journal for the item - what are the results?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • epi17000epi17000 Member Posts: 4
    When I total things up, the Output is 100, Negative Adjustments are 13, Sales are 88 and Positive Adjustments are 2 = +1. This was done back in April, no one remembers why it was done but we are now looking for a solution to remove it from physical inventory since it is not really there. Thanks!
    That really did not give me the information I was looking for to help you. I understand the item shows a quantity of 1 on hand, that was clear from the start. Finding the problem as to why it does and yet does not have an available lot number should start with the answers to the questions in my previous post.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I assume you are an end customer. To finally solve this you will probably need your partner.

I also assume your Item has "Lot Specific Tracking" ticked in the Item Tracking Card. If not - let us know. The rest of this post assumes this is true. If this is not ticked you have a different problem.

For whatever reason at least one of your item ledger entries (ILE) is missing the lot no. - probably the one with the remaining qty.
    You should for the item in question:
    • Check that all ILEs have quantity = invoiced quantity
    • Filter for the open entries (with an availvable qty of 1 this should only be 1 entry). This entry is missing the lot no. and has to have a remaining qty of 1
    • Filter for the entries with remaining qty. <> 0 -> the result must be the same as above
    • Filter for the entries without a lot no. - The result is hopefully the same as above
    If 1 is not true or 2 and 3 do not give the same result you will first need to check why there is a difference! If 4 shows more than 1 entry you should also check other items (which might be a good idea anyway).

What you need to do to fix this depends on the current situation: You will need to
    • Add a lot no. to the ILE - After this you can choose the lot no. in the Item Journal - This is something an end customer may or may not be able to do.
    • Check at least Tables 337, 336, 7312 if there is something left for this item. Do not simply delete it if you don't know what these tables are used for!

If you don't know what I am talking about get your partner in.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting