GL Setup - unable to change Invoice Rounding Precision

havhav Member Posts: 299
Hi,
I have upgraded a database from NAV 4.0 GB to NAV 2009 R2 GB version. After the upgrade, i noticed that the "Invoice Rounding Precision (LCY)" on General Ledger Setup is changed to 0.00 whereas the original database had the value as 0.01. When i try to change the value from 0.00 to 0.01 it generates error saying that you cannot change the value to 0.01 since there are posted ledger entries.

I had searched for many posts in this forum but one of them http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43212&hilit=general+ledger+setup suggests to delete the record from the GL Setup table and create a new one with required precision
and another one http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8106&hilit=general+ledger+setup suggest to alter the setup table.

I don't know what exactly needs to be done.
Say if i delete the record and recreate with new precision then will it affect the posted ledger entries?
I mean the upgraded database will show entries with same value as it was in original database.

Please advise.
Regards,
Hemant
MCTS (MB7-841 : NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development)

Answers

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    If this is only once that you need to do such an activity, I think you can check if there is a code written in the OnValidate trigger of the Invoice Rounding Precision (LCY) field of the G/L Setup table, comment that code, then change the value and again uncomment the code.

Chn
  • havhav Member Posts: 299
    Thanks for your reply.
    I know that the error comes from the OnValidate trigger of "Invoice Rounding Precision (LCY)" field and that as per your suggestion commenting and uncommenting the code will allow me to change its value.
    However my concern is
    hav wrote:
    I mean the upgraded database will show entries with same value as it was in original database.

Regards,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Hemant, what I see here is that if the precision changes from 0.01 to 0.00, there may be some rounding done to the amounts (not sure though). I feel it is better to make it 0.01 again; its your choice though. :)

Chn
  • havhav Member Posts: 299
    I tried commenting the code and changed the precision to 0.01. I compared the values in original and new database. Both were identical. I then uncommented the code.

From the above i understand that the upgrade process did not changed the value although the precision set on GL Setup after the upgrade was 0.00.

Thanks,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
  • gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    Yes, changing the rounding precision does not impact the existing entries in anyway, it only impacts new entries. It stops you from changing if you have posted entries so your rounding in the G/L is consistent. In your case since this was through an upgrade, the rounding is consistent.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores