Write downs

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,

Please let me know if there is any possible for purchase write downs and sales write downs in navision.

Sales Write Down:

For an example i sold 10 PCs of ITEM NO.123 to customer with UNIT PRICE of 100 AED each.
Now the customer has sold 3 PCS and he has remaining 7 Pcs in his stock, Mean while the cost of that item is reduced and similarly the price has also been dropped from 100 AED to 60 AED PER UNIT (Unit Price).

Now in navision instead of making the complete return and to send a new invoice . It should simply apply the new entries to the current stock he has got and simultaneously it should also reduce the customer balance to be paid.

Please let me know if there is any way to solve this kind of problem. We also require same case for our Purchase write downs.

Please advice ASAP.

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    You can do the following:

1. Revaluation journal to reduce the cost of the items
    2. Credit Note to the customer to bring down the Customer balance (do not enter items in the credit note, hence the stock of items remains unaffected)

I think these two steps are quite simple to handle this situation (if I have understood your problem correctly).

Chn
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Chinmoy,

Thank for replying.

There will be 2 separate places to reduce cost. Chances in mistakes are more.

But is there any way that i could all details at one place & which i could send it to customer like the following.

ITEM NO. OLD COST NEW COST QTY DIFFERENCE AMOUNT
    1234 99 79 10 200

Please let me me know if i can find this information somewhere.
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    I don't think there is a single interface to do these two activities, primarily because Cost and Price are 2 separate attributes and are treated separately in the system.

Chn
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    To cover your problem of Sales Write Down:
    Create a sales credit note with the line type Charge (Item) which is linked to the original shpment. This will create exactly what you desire although you might need to modify the credit note report a little to show what you want. Give it a try in Cronus.

Whether you revaluate the remaining 7pcs or not is a completely different question and has nothing to do with Sales Write Down!

On the purchase side the same possibility exists.

fahd wrote:
    Please advice ASAP
    It seems you misconceive what this forum is about. If you want help ASAP contact me and I will help and send you an invoice. Otherwise it might be helpful to be a little more respectful to people spending their private time on this forum to give advice.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Apologies to those who felt my request for help ASAP in a disrespectful way.