Approvals setup errors

nagendra_varmanagendra_varma Member Posts: 12
hi all,

issue regarding approval setup in nav
below is the error i got through

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x8004020E): The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. pb10sm1251286pbc.68
OK

how to solve it?

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Need to check with your SMTP server administrator. I guess, there is nothing to do from within NAV.

Chn
  • nagendra_varmanagendra_varma Member Posts: 12
    i am useing gmail as smtp ......
    Not very sure whether this can be achieved, but you can check the following link, it looks like gmail uses different ports for smtp and authentications.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answ ... swer=13287

See if you can make out something from this. Anyways, I still feel if you do not have control over the SMTP server you are using for automatic mailings, it is not recommended, as it may interrupt with your automatic communication system (you never know if Google blocks your emails ;)

Chn
  • nagendra_varmanagendra_varma Member Posts: 12
    hi cnn

it didnt work for me,
    if ur time permits just explain me step wise procedure to start approval request
    If you have a company owned SMTP.. use that server details (check your account settings in Outlook). As I said check with your Network / System Administrator. Show your systems team the SMTP Setup of NAV and ask them what values you should use. And since you have reached a state where NAV is trying to send the email, all other Approval setups hold good, I feel there is no need to change anything else in NAV, except the SMTP setups.

Chn