Sales Invoice Charging the Purchase Receipt

bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
Hello everyone,

Hope you are good.

This is my scenario:
First :We buy Item XX in pack from vendor YY, with 250 €, and we post it as Purchase Order ZZ (Purchase Receipt as well).
Second: We make an Sales Invoice for vendor YY 32 € per pack and bill a commission for this Item XX. We must do this because this Sales Invoice should be in Sales Book, And we want that when posting this invoice to charge items XX from the Purchase Receipt ZZ.

Is this possible, to have a Get Purchase Receipt in Sales Line>Item Charge Assignment, or did you have to do with this situation, or how can it be done.

Thanks to all,

Comments

• KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    Hi Bekio,

If you prefer to have Get Receipt Line in the sales, then i think you have to do lot of customizations to acheive this.

The other possible solution would be to add a new field in the Sales Line to enter the item charges. Then, alter the posting codeunits to add the item charge amount to the sales amount.

I have not tried this solution but i think this might work.

Regards,
    KSP
  • bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
    Thanks KSP_NAV for your replay,
    KSP_NAV wrote:
    item charge amount to the sales amount.

Maybe i wasn't clear i want to post this charge to Purchase Receipt, when posting Sales Invoice.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I think you'll need to customise you're negative item charge. (It's negative because a sale diminishes the value of the stock, also with item charge).
    What you want to do is actually hold off the commision you receive from the vendor when selling the item.
    But I wouldn't recommend that the value of the stock is influenced by commisions. Since the cost of the item has been matched when the sale has been posted. (I don't know if the commision is paid before or after the sale)
    I believe it's better to see the commision as full profit instead of a stockvalue. Even though I can follow your reasoning.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
    Thanks Sog for your replay,
    What you want to do is actually hold off the commision you receive from the vendor when selling the item.
    That's correct.
    Sog wrote:
    I believe it's better to see the commision as full profit instead of a stockvalue. Even though I can follow your reasoning.

Any suggestions how to do this and not to make customization to procedures of NAV.

thnx,
  • KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    Hi Bekio,

As said above, you have to do customizations to acheive this.

Regards,
    KSP
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    To do that just use the item charge and assign them to the sale of those items.

charge (item) "commision". Assign that to the shipment lines of the items bought at the vendor.
    Use a 7* G/L account (BE accounting) received commisions or something similar as setup.
    The commisions are stored on a seperate account, but traceable to the sale of the item itself, providing your vendor with "proof" of sale.

It values your sold item higher then the purchased one, but it's normal because when selling it has a higher value to the company, not when it's in stock.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|