Options

Close Income Statement with no dimensions

ShimoneShimone Member Posts: 25
edited 2012-06-01 in Navision Financials
Hi all!

I have a problem with the report 94, Close Income Statement.

I read everywhere that it should work even if you don't select Close By dimensions, Business Unit Code or Inventory Period Closed... is it true?

Because if I don't flag any dimension this report doesn't create any lines in the general journal...
If I flag one or more dimensions it works, but I don't want to select any of them...

My boss told me to use my little head, but I've tried and now I want to use your heads :-)

Answers

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Simone,

your boss wants to teach you something :wink: Anyway, a few questions to find what the problem is:

- What kind of company are you closing?
    - Are all entries posted with dimensions?

Usually R94 can close without respecting dimensions and business units. Which is too much flexibility, IMO. Do you really want to do it this way? The normal way would be to close by all dimensions which were used, to ensure that you have a zero balance on the PnL accounts at the beginning of the new fiscal year, regardless of the filters that you apply.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    ShimoneShimone Member Posts: 25
    We solved it! And it was so easy! We only had to close the year before running report 94. We made a lot of debugging, and it was enough to press F1 ](*,)

We were deceived because with dimensions it worked... maybe beacuse some old entry with dimension were not posted. Or what else?

P.S.:
    Thank you Jglathe for your answer!