Sales Vs Cost Amount in ILE

kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
Dear all,

In my Inventory Setup my Average Cost Calc. Type is Item. When I sold Item I1 qty 2 @ 25 from loc-2 having stock of 10 @ 15 at Loc-1, It is zero cost amount in ILE and Sales amount us 50 and Cost amount Zero.

Also in inventory valuation report Decreased qty 2 and value is Zero. and closing value not effected.

Please adice.

Thank you..
KMK

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    Have you run Adjust Cost Item Entries?
    What is your Average Cost Period set to?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    These are the Setup details ..

Automatic Cost Posting yes
    Location Mandatory Yes
    Automatic Cost Adjustment Always
    Expected Cost Posting to G/L No
    Average Cost Calc. Type Item
    Average Cost Period Day
    Item Group Dimension Code BRAND

Please help me dear...
    So you sold from loc-2 but the inventory is in loc-1? I missed that on my first read.

Also, even with the settings you have you must run Adjust Cost - Item Entries periodically. Have you tried running it?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Dear

Please check entries.
    Your entries confirm that you sold inventory without any on hand.

Please answer my other question:
    Have you tried running Adjust Cost - Item Entries?

Also,
    Please confirm that your item is actually setup with a Costing Method of Average and the Inventory Setup settings you specified. I have just recreated your scenario in CRONUS as you have stated and shown and I have the correct cost on my sold item.

Is the database modified in anyway?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    I run 'Adjust Cost - Item Entries?' again, but no difference. I have some more information.

In my Accounting Period table it was 'Item & Location & Variant' and supprised to see this. and it should be 'Item' as set in Inventory setup.

Please help me. as other database are working fine.

Warm Regards
    KMK
    Well changing it is Inventory Setup should also change the Accounting Period. Was this data migrated from somewhere else? Are there any modifications to Inventory Setup? Was it changed in Inventory Setup through a process without validating the Average Cost Calc. Type?
    Try this:
    1) Change the Inventory Setup to Item, Location, Variant.
    2) Close the Inventory Setup form
    3) Return Change the Inventory Setup to Item
    4) Recheck the Accounting Periods

If the Accounting Periods are not set to Item then there is a modification to Inventory Setup or the Change Average Cost Setting codeunit.

If the Accounting Periods are now correct then run Adjust Cost Item Entries again, issue should be solved.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    I did every step as you said and also veryfied the object change any. with standard cronus database objects. but no change is seen.
    Are the Accounting Periods closed? This is the only thing in standard that will prevent the Accounting Period from being updated, as it updates all open Accounting Peridos every time the Inventory Setup is changed.
    Other than this, without having the actual objects to review I cannot provide any answers. I have just done this in Cronus and the Accounting Periods change each time I change the Inventory Setup.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hello dear,

Looking at your ILE it seems that sales is only shipped and not yet invoiced. So your cost will be appearing in expected sales cost. Please unhide the expected cost column and you will find the cost amount. Once you will post the sales invoice this amount value will move to actual cost column. So please make sure the sales is invoiced and posted.

Also the location has no stock so transfer the 2 pieces at DXB location and run the adjust item cost entries.

BR,
    Mammo,
    Look again - the invoiced quantity shown in the screen shot by the OP, shows the invoiced quantity equal to the quantity.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Dear All,

I have not hear anything from anybody?

Can you help me? Still I am waiting..

Warm Regards
    KMk
    You never answered my previous post:

Are the Accounting Periods closed? This is the only thing in standard that will prevent the Accounting Period from being updated, as it updates all open Accounting Peridos every time the Inventory Setup is changed.
    Other than this, without having the actual objects to review I cannot provide any answers. I have just done this in Cronus and the Accounting Periods change each time I change the Inventory Setup.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    I think I have done the following actions/Steps (Mistakes)

1. I took opening stock as of 31/12/2011, using Item journal with Postive adjustement, created journal but not posted, because I want user to conirm the data.
    2. User started entering sales from 01-01-2012.
    3. I doubt accounting period was closed after posting Opening Financial Opening voucher.
    (I doubt??).
    4. Recently user has time to verify the opening stock in Item journal which was pending post till last month.

5. User has verified and posted Item journal.
    6. When she takes the Inventory valuation report, Decreased quantity is shown but value is missing. Thus the closing stock value is very big and not flown to COGS.
    7. I think later I have re-open the finaicial year and inventory period. but some where I missed.

Warm Regards
    KMK
    kmkaot wrote:
    I think I have done the following actions/Steps (Mistakes)

1. I took opening stock as of 31/12/2011, using Item journal with Postive adjustement, created journal but not posted, because I want user to conirm the data.
    The timing of entering and posting this would not have an impact on cost if you run Adjust Cost Item Entries and there was opening inventory in the location of the sale
    2. User started entering sales from 01-01-2012.
    3. I doubt accounting period was closed after posting Opening Financial Opening voucher.
    (I doubt??).
    You should confirm - your issue was the Average Costing Method was not changing - this could be why
    4. Recently user has time to verify the opening stock in Item journal which was pending post till last month.

5. User has verified and posted Item journal.
    6. When she takes the Inventory valuation report, Decreased quantity is shown but value is missing. Thus the closing stock value is very big and not flown to COGS.
    7. I think later I have re-open the finaicial year and inventory period. but some where I missed.
    If the Inventory Period is closed, I suggest re-opening and re-running Adjust Cost Item Entries. If the Accounting Periods are closed (prior year was closed) then you have to re-open through code

Warm Regards
    KMK
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Dear Gerry Kistler,

No comment? :roll:
    Did you read my comments in bold within the quote?
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    The remaining quantity is still negative in location DXB and therefore it will not update the cost. You need to transfer 2 pcs from location AUH to DXB, then it will update the cost.
    Yes dear,

When I transfer 2 quantity from location AUH to DXB, then cost is getting updated. But why when I have opted for Item level costing and it is doing for Item, Location, Variant wise costing.?

Thank you for reply.

Warm Regards
    KMK
    First of all I am not a dear. Second of all I am still waiting for replies to my earlier posts regarding the Accounting Periods etc...
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
    Let us stop it here,

I think I dont need any more help from you..

We call 'dear' in GCC countries for friends also.

bye KMK
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Hi kmkaot,

I had tested your case, you had posted sales invoice without any inventory on-hand, as well as at the time of making sales order, on your item card Unit Cost was 0 so, in ILE Cost amount posted zero
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant
    Thanks Uday,

I also posted stock inbound entry with older date after making sales. Normally it should update the cost even though I have posted later with exact older date.

Warm Regards
    KMK
  • udayrmerudayrmer Member Posts: 171
    Hi KMK,

If you post inbound entry then you are selecting that item on sales order, the unit cost will updated, because Unit cost on item card has been updated with inbound entry cost.
    This is the case so you are not updated with cost.
    Uday Mer | MS Dynamics NAV Techno-Functional Consultant