Retrieve Posted Invoices in NAV 2009

asanda9801156asanda9801156 Member Posts: 5
Good day.

I am running NAV. 2009 SP1,Classic Client, the DB we are using is SQL 2005. I am trying to retrieve the Posted Sales Invoice that were created in our new upgraded NAV. 2009 from NAV. 5.0, but every time I do, the Client Freezes for about 3 to 5 minutes before it retrieves the record.

The strange thing is that when retrieving records that were invoiced and posted on our previous version (NAV. 5.0) none of them freezes.

Thanks

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    How you retrieving posted invoice is that from Order--> order button --> invoice or form somewhere else?

You can also activate code coverage to check that in which object it's taking time(that is shown in Coverage Ratio field).
  • asanda9801156asanda9801156 Member Posts: 5
    I am retrieving from Sales & Receivables ---> History ----> Posted Invoices.
    It doesn't matter where i LookUp the Posted Invoices, it still hangs.

I tried the code coverage for both the Old and the New posted orders but the Coverage Ratio for both is the same.

When i debug the procedure the cursor stops on this trigger code on the FIND(Which):

Form - OnFindRecord(Which : Text[1024])
    IF FIND(Which) THEN
    EXIT(TRUE)
    ELSE BEGIN
    SETRANGE("No.");
    EXIT(FIND(Which));
    END;

If I replace the FIND(Which) with FIND('=') the speed improves but the Form gets disabled when the record is retrieved.
    If I replace the FIND(Which) with FIND('=') the speed improves but the Form gets disabled when the record is retrieved.
    Form is disabled because no record found or assigned to Rec. Did you try to Test and Optimize to header and line table?
  • asanda9801156asanda9801156 Member Posts: 5
    Even if the record is found it still disabled it. My supervisor tried optimizing and nothing worked.
    The strange thing is that when retrieving records that were invoiced and posted on our previous version (NAV. 5.0) none of them freezes.
    Thanks
    How do you differentiate posted invoices that these are posted in old and these are in new?
    Import standard form and check it, is the problem still same?