Options

Developer's Toolkit Database Import

esbaesba Member Posts: 12
Hi@ll

I'm trying to convert a database from 3.70 to 3.70B with Dev. toolkit 1.04

I've merged the required datebases and exported the results as *.TXT file.
While importing the Textfile into Navision (not dependent of the database used) there's an error with several objects telling that my license doesn't have the permission to make changes (f.Ex: Sales Header).
Sure i can't because the numbering ranges where the objects are to be created in are locked (base version).
Same problems appear when i use the "Update to Navision Database"-Function in Dev.Toolkit.

How can i import the whole database from Developer's Toolkit to Navision without these License Problems?
// Alternatives:
// Is there any way to save it right out of Dev. Toolkit?
// Can i convert a *.TXT file into *.FOB?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are customer? If yes, there is no way for you to upgrade whole system... Which design granules you have? Application builder? Solution Developer??
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I'm no customer but i don't know the exact term for the set of Granules.
    Unfortunately none of the tips to find out the granules on http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4132&highlight=granules did work.
    - "Granule list has been removed due to space limit",
    - I don't have a Table called "License Permission", "Permission Range" or something similar in NAV 3.7 DEU
    Is there another way to find out?
  • Options
    safindleysafindley Member Posts: 13
    As long as you have developer rights with the license you are using it sounds like either table 36 does not exist in the database you are importing to or you are importing a field number outside the range of your FieldNumber insert permissions for table 36. With the typical NSC Solution Developers License, you are granted permissions to add new field numbers from 50000..99999 in table 36.
  • Options
    Thanks Safiendly,
    there were several additional fields in 5-million-range* that Navision tried to import - and failed because of the license.
    I had to exclude them also to assure an clean import into database.

*industry solutions

@Kine: <NSC Solution Developers License> is the one