Options

Quick license question

KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
edited 2012-05-21 in Navision Attain
Hi all,

I have a quick license question. One of our customers is still on 3.6 and they want to add a new granule.
However they do not want to upgrade. They are not opposed to do a technical upgrade to 2009R2.
Then they can buy the granule.

My question is if our customer gets the new license with the new granule, will that new license still allow the customer access to 3.6 specific objects? (Like the old commerce portal objects in the 6200 range)

Thanks,

Willy
Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    KYDutchie wrote:
    Hi all,

I have a quick license question. One of our customers is still on 3.6 and they want to add a new granule.
    However they do not want to upgrade. They are not opposed to do a technical upgrade to 2009R2.
    Then they can buy the granule.

My question is if our customer gets the new license with the new granule, will that new license still allow the customer access to 3.6 specific objects? (Like the old commerce portal objects in the 6200 range)

Thanks,

Willy

IN general the answer is yes. But be careful, if the current license does not have an object that was later deprecated then you wont get that. For example if you wanted jobs, the tables are now different, so you wouldn't get access to the old jobs granule.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Thanks for your reply Mr. Singleton.

Now I need to go and find out if the Check Printing objects were renumbered between 3.6 and 2009R2.
    We did advice our customer to upgrade as soon as possible, but due to the economic situation the customer currently is not able to afford an upgrade.

Thanks again!
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.