Not Able To Apply Delivery Challan In Subcontracting

Purvesh_MaisuriaPurvesh_Maisuria Member Posts: 71
Hello Experts,

I am using "MS Dynamics NAV 2009 R2" Indian version. I successfully send material to the subcontractor.
Now before receive produced item from the subcontractor, it is compulsory to Apply Delivery Challan.
When i go at Subcontracting Order >> Line >> Order Subcon. Details >> Receipt Details >> Press "Apply Delivery Challan" Button.
Problem :
i am not getting anything in "Applied Delivery Challan" form. ](*,)
Can anyone help if for this issue ? I read many post, but i am not able to find proper answer.
If anyone know about this then please share your knowledge.

Thanks in Advanced.

Thanks & Regards,
Purvesh Maisuria.

Answers

• lavanyaballurgilavanyaballurgi Member Posts: 235
    well in APPLIED DELIVERY CHALLAN form try to see what filters are present i.e. go to TABLE FILTER (CTRL+F7) and u shud be seeing something like this

Field Filter
    Document No. POSC:110002
    Document Line No. 10000
    Parent Item No. SCP-WPV300-0125
    Line No. 10000
    Item No. M-WPV300-0125

So in your case these filters together results in no Delivery Challan Lines entry hence try to check which of these is not correct for your subcon order.

hope it helps :roll:
  • Purvesh_MaisuriaPurvesh_Maisuria Member Posts: 71
    Hello lavanya Ji,

Thanks for Reply, Filters are properly working like below.

Field Filter
    Document No. SCO0001
    Document Line No. 10000
    Parent Item No. 30ICCX001
    Line No. 10000
    Item No. 10TINI001
    Applied Delivery Challan No.

But there is not a single entry created in table "Applied Delivery Challan". This table is totally empty, infect i created many Delivery Challans :?: I want know how & when entries are inserted in this table ?

Please if you have any idea then kindly share your knowledge. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    THE TABLE IS EMPTY???
    Did you went to object designer & saw or are you telling by seeing this applied delivery challan form?
    Try removing all filters (CTRL+SHIFT+F7) & you will be able to see entries
    Yes Lavanya Ji,

I went to object designer & saw. It is empty. Even i did the same transactions in "Demo Database NAV (6-0)", Here also i got table empty. Confused & Blocked. :-k

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    well this may sound funny but are you really sending items or not? Are these the steps you followed?

Subcontracting order > Line > Order Subcon. Details > Send

And are you saying table - 16324 (delivery challan lines) is empty?
    Yes Lavanya Ji,

Yes, I send the material to subcontractor via Subcontracting order > Line > Order Subcon. Details > Send.

I am able to see item ledger entries of transfer from my location to subcontractor + G/L entries + RG23 A Part 1 Entries + Value Entries.

Table 16323 - "Delivery Challan Header"
    16324 - "Delivery Challan Line"
    16322 - "Sub Order Comp. List Vend"
    have values.

Only Table 13717 - "Applied Delivery Challan" has no value / empty.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    Ok Thank god :D other tables have data.

Well than either you would've received the item back without filling "Qty. to receive" in "order subcon. details receipt" or need to see physically what happened in your NAV.

Does the child item (which went to vendor) is consumed?
    Yes Lavanya Ji,

I tried after fill the value in "Qty. to receive", But unfortunately result is same.

About child item consumption : Consumption entries are inserted when you receive the produced item from subcontractor.
    ie. Subcontracting order of 10 unit. if we want partial receive of 5, then consumption entries of row material are respective to 5.

But before receive & consumption we must Apply Delivery Challan.

Even i check via Developer Tool Kit--> Where used of table 13717 - "Applied Delivery Challan", i am not able to find like INSERT code in codeunits / forms.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria
    my doubt is someone would have already received it...hence you are not able to see it
  • MGM08MGM08 Member Posts: 41
    Hi

if you give a lookup to this field "App. Delivery Challan Line No." in the applied delivery challan
    are you able to see the delivery challan?

The table will be empty you need to select to which delivery challan you need to apply.

You can customise the same for auto delivery challan application.
    Oh I forgot this point... I thought he is already looked up "App. Delivery Challan Line No." field.
    Hello MGM08,

About : if you give a lookup to this field "App. Delivery Challan Line No." in the applied delivery challan,
    are you able to see the delivery challan?

Yes, i am able to see delivery challan. Datas are available in "Delivery Challan Line".

About : The table will be empty you need to select to which delivery challan you need to apply.

How can i select to apply delivery challan. If i lookup then select line & press OK, nothing is come on Applied Delivery Challan form.

Is i need to do the customization to insert the entry from "Delivery Challan Line" to "Applied Delivery Challan".

Or Indian localization already have it.

Please suggest me the path if you already route from the same path. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    The Indian Localization has that functionality if you give a lookup and select ok the
    "Applied Delivery Challan No." and "App. Delivery Challan Line No." and related fields will flow.
    You need to enter the Qty fields only.

Please give lookup to App. Delivery Challan Line No. not "Applied Delivery Challan No." for the insertion.
    Hello MGM08,

Thanks MGM08 for fast reply for problem.

I lookup to "App. Delivery Challan Line No." field only. But after select line & press OK entry is not come on "Applied Delivery Challan" Form.

Is there any property i missing / some small thing i need to do ??? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    App. Delivery Challan Line No. - OnLookup()

in this trigger of the table "Applied Delivery Challan" the insertion happens.

Please check with breakpoints which is getting executed and which is not.
    Hello MGM08,

Thanks for helping me to reach exact location of error. Now i lookup on "App. Delivery Challan Line No.", Select Line & Press Ok,

Error comes here because of "Line No." not come on form "Applied Delivery Challan" aftre press OK. It is remain blank.

DeliveryChallanLine.RESET;
    DeliveryChallanLine.SETRANGE("Deliver Challan No.","Applied Delivery Challan No.");
    DeliveryChallanLine.SETRANGE("Line No.","App. Delivery Challan Line No.");

"App. Delivery Challan Line No." has no value because it is blank so DeliveryChallanLine not able to filter particulate entry.
    So it displays error like "Delivery Challan Line does not exist."

But thanks for the great suggestions, not i have to find why lookup & ok not filling value in "App. Delivery Challan Line No.".

If you have any idea then please share your great knowledge. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.
    Hello MGM08 & Lavanya Ji,

Thanks for your valuable replies. From your help i am able to find the solution. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    =D> =D> =D>

Solution :
    Form : 16442 : "Delivery Challan Line" has OK button with Property=OK, Replace with LookupOK.

I don't know how to apply delivery challan process, from this post i am very clear about it. Problem looks very simple but when path is not clear then small problem becomes very big.

Hope Experts Will Help Me In Future As Today & Always.

Thanks & Regards,
    Purvesh Maisuria.