Options

type of tables in 1:m relationship

shafeaashafeaa Member Posts: 54
i have 1:m relationship between tabe A and B
where A is master table and evry record in A have more than one record in B my question what is the type of table B ? [-(

master table .
supplemental table .
subsidiary table .

Comments

• Options
    kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    For every record in the Master Table (A), we have m records in the other table (B). this 2nd table is called Entry Table.

We make the transactions (the entries) in the Entry Table (B), & we get the result in the Master Table A (like Balance, Calculation Formulas...).

i think so !!!
    HKAMEL
  • Options
    thank u kamel
    i just wont to know what the type of table (B)

like i mention before

master table ? :-k
    supplemental table ? :-k
    subsidiary table ? :-k
  • Options
    any one :whistle:
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Here is a breif and badly formated list of the table types.

Hope it helps you

==============================================
    Type Brief Description Examples

Master contains information about the primary focus subject of its functional area. Customer, Vendor,Item

Supplemental stores information about a supplemental subject used in one or more functional areas. Language, Currency

Setup stores one record that holds general information about its functional area. G/L Setup, Sales&Receivables Setup

Register, a "table of contents" for its corresponding Ledger table or tables., G/L Register, Item Register,

Subsidiary , contains information which is subsidiary to either a Master table or a Supplemental table or both., Item Vendor, FA Depreciation Book,

Ledger , contains the transactional information that is the primary focus of itsfunctional area., Cust. Ledger Entry,Item Ledger Entry,

Journa,l the primary transaction entry table for a functional area., Purchase Journal,Item Journal,

Document, secondary transactional tables that allow entries in a functional area or into multiple functional areas at once. This is actually implemented as a pair table., Sales Header /Sales Line, FinanceCharge MemoHeader / FinanceCharge Memo Line,Reminder Header /Reminder Line,

History documents that have been posted. Header / Sales,Invoice Line, IssuedFin. Charge MemoHeader / Issued Fin.Charge Memo Line,Issued ReminderHeader / IssuedReminder Line,