Options

Hot-Fix Synchronization

SoumyadipSoumyadip Member Posts: 209
Hi,

I have updated few existing objects during customization. Now when i am trying to upload Hot-Fix the modified objects (by me) are not upgrading. it is replacing the older object.

Is there any way i can synchroniz my work with the hot fix.

Thank You

Soumya

Comments

• Options
    Tommy_SchouTommy_Schou Member Posts: 117
    Soumyadip wrote:
    Hi,

I have updated few existing objects during customization. Now when i am trying to upload Hot-Fix the modified objects (by me) are not upgrading. it is replacing the older object.

Is there any way i can synchroniz my work with the hot fix.

Thank You

Soumya

Let me see if I get this right. You have a customer DB where you have made some customizations? Then you want to upgrade the DB with a Hot Fix from Navision and that overrides the changes you made previously?

If the above is the correct scenario then you have done one of two things. Either you didn't change the Versionlist on the objects you changed (which you should) or while importing you ignored the warnings in the import worksheet and imported anyway thus replacing the objects you had once modified.

In a situation where you need to install a hotfix in a DB and there are conflicting objects you have to upgrade the code manually. The import function cannot do this for you.
    Best regards
    Tommy
  • Options
    SoumyadipSoumyadip Member Posts: 209
    Thnx.
    How version would help me?
    do u know abt any tool by which i can compare the code of two object & make changes accordingly
  • Options
    Tommy_SchouTommy_Schou Member Posts: 117
    Soumyadip wrote:
    Thnx.
    How version would help me?
    do u know abt any tool by which i can compare the code of two object & make changes accordingly

If you make sure to update the version liste then Navision will be able to tell you that there is a conflict between the objects in the DB and the objects you are importing. It won't automatically be able to merge the objects for you. That you would have to do yourself.

Whenever I need to find out what is different between two objects I export the objects in Text-format and use a tool like Total Commander to compare the two text-files. That should give you an idea what you need to code in the objects in the DB.
    Best regards
    Tommy