Options

Boolean & diffrent languages

ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
edited 2012-05-17 in Navision Attain
Hello all,
I got a question I hope someone knows the answer for

In the current project I got to import a csv into Nav, no problem thats all done.
But now there's the boolean field if I get the file from a client in the UK it says No, if I get it from France it says Non, if I get it from the Netherlands it says Nee,ect....

Is there a way to check if the value is boolean language independent.

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Resender wrote:
    Hello all,
    I got a question I hope someone knows the answer for

In the current project I got to import a csv into Nav, no problem thats all done.
    But now there's the boolean field if I get the file from a client in the UK it says No, if I get it from France it says Non, if I get it from the Netherlands it says Nee,ect....

Is there a way to check if the value is boolean language independent.

Boolean in CSV should be 0 or 1. Navision can automatically map 0-false and 1-true
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As Devid described. You can use the Format property to set the format for exporting and you can use the format 9 (XML) or another one to export bolean as integer. Same for Option fields...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    That's assuming the csv will get will be from another Nav product which we aren't sure.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can use the info from these pages to create a "catch all" import:
    http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/yes.htm & http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/no.htm

That is if you have enough time on your hands ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Yes and no on the time question, yes I still got time.
    No I don't have time
    The project had to be finished last friday, off course the client still hasn't delivered any information on what's going to be in the csv.