Silly Report question!

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
Hey yall,

I have a quick question regarding a report I am working on. Please find the enclosed attachment to see all the dataitems in the report.

A Customer No. in the Cust. Ledger Entries dataitem can have more than one ledger entry and each ledger entry can have a unique cost center code. Based on the Cost Center Code, a unqiue Shortcut Dimension 4 code (region code) is assigned. I want to group all the similar region codes in the Cust. Leger Entry dataitem.

Most of the Customer No. in the customer dataitem do not have a Cost Center Code. Therefore, they dont have a Shortcut Dimension 4 Code and thats why I cant use GroupTotalFields on the Customer Dataitem.

The user wants an option where he could group all the Region codes. Thus, I created an option called "Group all Regions" in the option tab of the report. If that option is checked off, then it should group the fields according to "Shortcut dimension 4 code" in Cust. Leger Entries.

Is it possible to do it??? I create a groupheader and groupfooter for cust. leger entries.

But nothing seems to happen. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or how I can fix this (implement this option for the user)? It just seems to show me all the entries based on the customer dataitem it doesnt seem to sort/group them by region code.

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    The issue is that Shortcut Dimension 4 does not reside on the Cust. Ledger Entries - they are in the table Ledger Entry Dimensions. You would need to cylce through your Cust. Ledger Entries first, get the Shortcut Dimension 4 values from the Ledger Entry Dimensions. Then you could either use a temporary variable for the Cust. Ledger Entries and place the SD4 value in a field which is in an existing key. Then have an Integer data item where you would run through the temporary Cust. Ledger Entries in the order by SD4. The other option would be to build a set of array variables to store all the values you wanted, then run through the array in your Integer data item.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores