Turn on/off grouping in report?>

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
Is it possible to turn on and off GroupTotalFields based on the options when a report is run???

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't think so. You essentially have to have different data items that have different groupings and choose the appropriate one to process based on the selection.
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    awwww mann...thats gonna be so much extra work....

I guess I will start working on it then. :(

Thanks for the prompt reply. :D
    I have to modify a report for a client. The name of the report is Aged Account Receivables. User wants the option to group the report according the Posting Group and Regions. I was successful in doing it for posting groups by using GroupTotalField on the Customer Dataitem. Now I was thinking how to group using region on the Customer dataitem. I am not really sure how to go about doing this since the customer dataitem: GroupTotalfield has already been used to group posting groups.

I am not sure if this would work or not but i was going to create a boolean called "Sort according to Regions" and put it in the options tab and if the user checks it off, and clicks preview it runs a another report in the background with the same dataitems (with slight modifications to code and keep the same layout so the user wont be able to tell that its a different report, but i will have the ability to set the grouptotal field in the customer dataitem to region). I am not sure even if this is plausable.

Any ideas how I can do this?
  • BernardJBernardJ Member Posts: 57
    Put both fields in the grouptotalfields but set different keys and header/footer sections based on the options tab
    BernardJ wrote:
    Put both fields in the grouptotalfields but set different keys and header/footer sections based on the options tab

Thanks. Let me give that a shot. 8)