active the license automatically

sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
Hi all,
I want to ask if it is possible to write a code that active the license automatically?
Thanks

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    What do you mean by "activate the license"?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
    When I log with a specific user, I want to change the current license by a development license.
    Like I do it manually, when I go to Tools-> License Information->Change
    I see. I'm not aware of a way to do this.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    edited 2012-05-11
    You should not ever be using a developer license on a live system, and in your test environment development environment you can just set to always use the developers license.

It would be very dangerous to do what you are trying.

<edit-meant dev not test, thanks Davmac>
    David Singleton
  • sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
    I want just the license will be changed when I log in with a login that I use for development.
    sbilly wrote:
    I want just the license will be changed when I log in with a login that I use for development.
    You should not ever be using a developer license on a live system, and in your test environment you can just set to always use the developers license.

It would be very dangerous to do what you are trying.
    sbilly wrote:
    Just upload the license to your development server. Simple.
    David Singleton
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    And then make sure to test your mods with the customer license since the developer license will let NAV code make data changes that the customer license will not allow.
    davmac1 wrote:
    And then make sure to test your mods with the customer license since the developer license will let NAV code make data changes that the customer license will not allow.

:oops: oops my mistake, I meant DEVELOPMENT database, obviously the test db must use the customer license.
    David Singleton