Options

procedure for implementing commerce gateway solution

mismymmismym Member Posts: 3
edited 2005-05-06 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello to all.
I am a new user of Navision and a new user of Biztalk.

I would like to transfer document from Navision 4.0 to the CRM of Microsoft . For that I would like to implement commerce gateway using Biztalk 2004. But I don’t have any orientation. I intalled Commerce gateway request server, NAS, Navision 4.0, Biztalk 2004 And I have the Microsoft CRM on another machine. I don’t know now how to proceed. Can you please help me? has someone already implemented a commerce gateway solution? can you describe me the steps to take? Can you send me a step by step procedure to implement it (with the structures of Navision xml document to be taken in consideration by biztalk)?

I really need help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    bruno77bruno77 Member Posts: 62
    In my opinion you do not need commerce gateway in order to accomplish this. It would probably be easier to write your own Navision solution for sending data to Demand Planner (I would use MSMQ). Commerce Gateway is (to my understanding) more a partner based integration, that is you send and receive documents from partners (customers, vendors), but if you need to integrate with an application, i.e. MS CRM, then it’s better to go custom.

If you are interested I have a pretty good framework that I built for one of my clients for integrating with their Web and Warranty systems.

/Bruno
  • Options
    mismymmismym Member Posts: 3
    bruno77 wrote:
    In my opinion you do not need commerce gateway in order to accomplish this. It would probably be easier to write your own Navision solution for sending data to Demand Planner (I would use MSMQ). Commerce Gateway is (to my understanding) more a partner based integration, that is you send and receive documents from partners (customers, vendors), but if you need to integrate with an application, i.e. MS CRM, then it’s better to go custom.

If you are interested I have a pretty good framework that I built for one of my clients for integrating with their Web and Warranty systems.

/Bruno

I am interested in the framework. How can I have it?
    I would like also to implement a commerce gateway solution. It is what was asked me to implement. Can you help me to implement it even if here it is as if I am using the harmer to kill an ant as you explain.
    Thank you in advance
  • Options
    PunkyPunky Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

i'm currently trying to install commerce gateway. Until now i can't send or receive any documents from Biztalk 2004 in navision.

In Biztalk the necessary send ports, orchestrations and receive ports are created using the setup.bat in the folder c:\program files\microsoft business solutions-navision\Commerce Gateway Request Server\CommerceGateway40\.

When i try to send an purchase order to biztalk i get the error "unknown error".

So i also need some more documentation how to successfull implement commerce gateway.

Thanks
    Punky
  • Options
    scotthutchisonscotthutchison Member Posts: 7
    I have successfully installed COmmerce Gateway on a number of occasions - I have some documentation - please let me know if any of you would like it - there are certainly some tricky parts to it that are no documented anywhere that I spent days troubleshooting and finally was able to figure it out

Cheers
    Scott