Read User Menu Level Data on Navigate pane Designer

kum_g7kum_g7 Member Posts: 12
Dear All

I have a problem about create Report Use Menu Level List (see Picture) this report will show all menu that user see from navigate pane designer, now i find that data contain in table User Menu Level (ID 2000000061) but the problem is all data contain as BLOB.

My question is
1. Can I convert BLOB data to text on NAV report?
2. If not, I find some information that BLOB can convert via SQL query? I alreay try by query below but it does not work. any
Select CONVERT( varchar(2000), CONVERT (binary, [dbo].[User Menu Level].Object)) AS BLOB from [dbo].[User Menu Level]

or any idea please shared.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    You should be able to use an Instream to read the BLOB field within NAV using something along these lines:

UserMenuLevel.Object.CREATEINSTREAM(InStream);
    x := 0;
    WHILE NOT InStrm.EOS DO BEGIN
    x += 1;
    InStrm.READTEXT(TextLine[x]);
    END;

Then you could use an Integer data item to loop through the array of TextLine and display the results on your report. Set the TextLine variable for the length of data you want on each line. You may have to play with it some to get it to be easily readable. I have not done this with the User Menu Level blob field (Object) so I am not sure what indicates a seperator for menu levels, but you could first right it out as a text file, open in Word and show all formatting marks to know what you are looking for. Then you could use a Char variable to parse the text.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • ramsay18477ramsay18477 Member Posts: 52
    Hi kum_g7,

Iam looking for a similar report.

Could you please share the method/code for exporting the BLOB field in the table to legible text ?

Thanks in advance :)
    Thanks & Best Regards,

Ram.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Object field is in binary format. You can not parse it.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • ramsay18477ramsay18477 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks ufuk.

Then is there a way in Nav 5.0 by which I can list all the users with the menus assigned to them ?

Thanks again.
    Thanks & Best Regards,

Ram.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    As far as I know, no.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft