Options

Acivate a menu

hungryandfoolhungryandfool Member Posts: 114
Dear Experts!
Excuse me for asking such a silly question. :oops:
But how do acivate a menu object after I have created it.

Comments

• Options
    nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    Isnt it just going to the object and clicking on it (for example its if a button you go to the button and you click on it), then in the background it will run the appropriate trigger.???
  • Options
    jspoppjspopp Member Posts: 54
    hi, you'll need to add it in the MenuSuite object. To do this, highlight the MenuSuite object you want to modify in the Object Designer and click on Design. Then right-click on an object in the module and a list of options appears. Play around with that, and you should be able to get the results you want. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi nverma and jspopp,
    Thanks to both of you for the reply.
    jspopp wrote:
    hi, you'll need to add it in the MenuSuite object. To do this, highlight the MenuSuite object you want to modify in the Object Designer and click on Design. Then right-click on an object in the module and a list of options appears. Play around with that, and you should be able to get the results you want. Good luck!
    I have created the menu suite object and its lying over there in the object designer, but I am kind of unable to apply it so that my redesigned menu appears when I log into NAV. :-k
  • Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    What is the id of the MenuSuite you have created? Is it 90 or something else?

Chn
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Are you super user?
    if not,make sure you have permissions to tabeldata and form..and the Menu (assign users)

Can you show the screenshot of your menusuite with which menu you have created..
  • Options
    Hi Chinmoy and mohana,
    Chinmoy wrote:
    What is the id of the MenuSuite you have created? Is it 90 or something else?

Chn
    Yeah my MenuSuite is 90
    Are you super user?
    if not,make sure you have permissions to tabeldata and form..and the Menu (assign users)

Can you show the screenshot of your menusuite with which menu you have created..
    Yeah I have super user permission.
    I have attached the screenshot of the menu object in design mode.
    Please help.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    What menu's have you added now?
    Are you checking in classic or RTC?
  • Options
    Quite odd.. however, I have noticed that there is something with the compiling of a MenuSuite. So, try to open the menusuite designer again from Tools --> Navigation Pane Designer and do the changes. Then press Ctrl+S and compile. Close the client and open again. See if this helps.

Chn
  • Options
    Hi mohana and Chinmoy,
    What menu's have you added now?
    Are you checking in classic or RTC?
    My current menu is displaying all the modules of NAV.
    I am checking in classic.
    Chinmoy wrote:
    Quite odd.. however, I have noticed that there is something with the compiling of a MenuSuite. So, try to open the menusuite designer again from Tools --> Navigation Pane Designer and do the changes. Then press Ctrl+S and compile. Close the client and open again. See if this helps.

Chn
    I tried the above, but the result is the same. But thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    jspoppjspopp Member Posts: 54
    So, to be clear, you followed Chinmoy's and Mohana's advice? When you right-click and display the menu are you selecting 'Create Item...'? On the Create Item form, fill in the fields, i.e. Report, 50000, etc and click OK. Your object should be displayed in the Navigation Pane. Compile the MenuSuite object. Close out and log back in. Your object should now be displayed in the Navigation Pane
  • Options
    Hi jspopp,

My MenuSuite object with ID 90 has been compiled and is ready with all the options in it say Financial Management, Sales and Marketing etc. as displayed in my above screenshot. But I am unable to run that menu object.
    When log into NAV I continue to get NAV's default menu with all the modules starting from Financial Management till Administration. :-k ](*,)
  • Options
    Dear Experts,

Please help me out. [-o<
  • Options
    One suggestion: Rename your MenuSuite object from Suraj to Company and try. :)
  • Options
    Chinmoy wrote:
    One suggestion: Rename your MenuSuite object from Suraj to Company and try. :)

Did the same but the effect is the same. But thanks.

How to know which menu suite object is currently active?