Unit Cost (LCY) displays at 0 for only some lines

josephdeweyjosephdewey Member Posts: 87
This issue came up because a finance person noticed that the Cost Amount (Actual) field was 0 for the most recent Item Ledger Entry, of about a month ago for an item. We expected a value to be here.

Tracing this back, I noticed that Cost Amount (Actual) is 0 because the Unit Cost ($) field is 0 on the Purchase Order.

But, this doesn't make sense. In the Item Card and the Stockkeeping Unit cards for this item, the Unit Cost has a value. We have a Costing Method of Standard for this item, and no item information has changed in months.

Is there anything else that could be causing the Purchase Order to create a value of 0 on the Unit Cost (LCY) field when there is a Unit Cost value on the Item Card and SKU?

My best guess right now is that someone did a bunch of crazy data entry corrections on the PO that somehow made the system glitch, but hopefully there's a more solid explanation.

Is there anything else I could check that might be contributing to this? Thanks in advance for your help.
Joseph Dewey
Microsoft Dynamics NAV User

Comments

• gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    The only scenario I can come up with is where the Item was originally created without a standard cost. Then the PO was created, received, and invoiced, thus creating the zero cost item ledger entries. After this teh standard cost was updated on the item. If the change log is activated for the Item table you would be able to see if this was the case or not. Otherwise there must have been some data manipulation through code as a user cannot change the Unit Cost (LCY) on a purchase line for a standard cost item.
    To correct it just do a revaluation for that item by item ledger entry and correct the incorrectly costed lines. The G/L impact should probably be adjusted as you will have a postivie entry in Purchase Variance and a negative entry in Inventory Adjustment.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores
  • josephdeweyjosephdewey Member Posts: 87
    Awesome information. Thanks very much!
    Joseph Dewey
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV User