Sales tax return rules

ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
Hello
I'm trying to find out what other business do who return goods back from customer.
I can't find state rules on this but if a customer returns an item NAV calculate sales tax based on current date. So if the tax rate changes during that period from the original sales order and the new credit memo total amount will be different.

I was wondering if any customer out there brought this as an issue.

Thanks.
Ahmed Rashed Amini
Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    Hello
    I'm trying to find out what other business do who return goods back from customer.
    I can't find state rules on this but if a customer returns an item NAV calculate sales tax based on current date. So if the tax rate changes during that period from the original sales order and the new credit memo total amount will be different.

I was wondering if any customer out there brought this as an issue.

Thanks.

That's interesting. Never had this brought up, but I'd assume the same sales tax should've been credited. Not a sales tax accountant but my initial assumption is that this is a bug.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    We had a client with this issue many year ago, 4.00sp3. We made changes to "fix" this, if I remember we added a new field Tax Date, and when we used the copy doc to create a return it pulled the same date from the credit memo. I had assumed that by now it was fixed though but never tried.
    David Singleton