Encode International letters, characters

AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
edited 2005-03-01 in Navision Financials
Hi All,

I have a big problem with the international characters. I use Navision 2.6 v.
When I imported data with dataport from other countries (for example: from Portugal), I get strange letters. Some letters are unknown for the Navision and in this case the system fill up with "empty square" letter. Can I resolve this problem somehow? The Navision 2.6 isn't contains any encoding function to handle this? :roll:
Thank you.

Greetings,

Asallai

p.s.: if this problem is in the forum before, please drop a link for me, because I don't found any solution for this. Thank you.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Thanks. I tried that advices, but I cannot import that letters. Every time when I try, the Navision isn't import the letter correctly every time fill up with "?" letters :(
    I tried with dataport, via Clipboard, but the result is the same. "?" characters everywhere :?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try opening the file in a text-editor and save it back as ASCII. Than import this ASCII-file using your dataport. I use www.textpad.com for loading/saving text-files.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Try opening the file in a text-editor and save it back as ASCII. Than import this ASCII-file using your dataport. I use www.textpad.com for loading/saving text-files.

Hmmm... :-k
    Thank you, I'll try it!