Stop Posting without Cost

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,

We are facing huge problem to get the figures for exact cost.

I want to restrict system not to post any transfer or Sales invoice if the current unit cost for that item is zero.

Kindly let me know how can that be possible because most of the items are being transferred or posted in sales invoice
without cost which is a big damage.

Please advice how to control this.I would appreciate if you could also let me know any other advice to make sure the cost is ok.

Thanks

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Cost is determined by Inbound entries such as Purchase Order, Positive adjustment. Outbound entries such as sales do not determine the unit cost.

Once you run adjust cost it will apply the cost from inbound to outbound based on your costing method.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    In worst case scenario if you want to ensure user doesn't by mistake post inbound entries with zero cost....put a validation on Item Journal for both "positive" and "purchase" type entries and on Purchase order line that no entries can be posted with zero unit cost / unit price.

Also ensure no "Output" is booked without consumption entries or "Report has Finished" happens without consumption entries.

Purchase Order line validation will be applicable only if you are not receiving any free samples (items at zero unit price).

Instead of these above unnessary validations i would suggest you educate the user to do the right transactions to avoid costing / valuation issues.

Regards,

Sridhar
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Rashed and Sridhar,

Thanks for the replies,

I have 2 questions!

Question No.1:
    One item just came into my notice and which was newly created , the PO for that item has cost in Warehouse which means in item card of my Warehouse location is showing the cost. But the same item has been transfer to one of our store.

I remotely accessed that store and they have already received & posted the transfer which was sent to them from Warehouse.

In the STORE DATABASE if i check the item card for that item the unit cost is zero and they have 4 as an O/H stock.

Please tell me if this is ok? because what i am thinking is when the store will sell this item.in the ledger entry the sale would be showing without cost and it will show on the sales amount.

How can i prevent such things i want to make sure that whenever they receive and post the transfer the unit cost for those particular items should hit accordingly and it should also be shown in the item card.

Some of the items are ok but most some of them are having zero cost and they are being sold with zero cost in store DB. That is why if we analyze store sales profit % it is showing more sales, which actually is not the profit %.

Please advice to stop such things to happen!

Question No.2:

Is there anyway that i could see the Posting Time of the documents. Because i want to verify if the item is transferred to the stores before the Purchase Invoice is posted??
    Because i can see transfers and Purchase are posted on the same day but i want to make sure which one was posted first.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It looks like you have LS Retail vertical solution. I suggest to get in touch with local solution center to look at your system and how you are replicating data. If your store is not a company and just POS, then it doesn't matter what the cost is on POS. It's all at HQ that determines the value financially.

There is not time field in most of table in NAV. You'll have to add them. You can find out the sequence by looking at value entry "entry no. " field and see which one posted first.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Thanks for replying.

@ Sridhar i think the validation part which you suggested would work for me.

Is there any way that there should be a validation while transferring items to the stores. For example when the staff, the moment they scan the item or enter the item number in the transfer, IF the current unit cost of the item is zero then system should give an error/ Stop.

I just want to restrict the item to be transferred if the current unit cost for that item is zero.

Please advice and tell me with little details.
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Is there any way that there should be a validation while transferring items to the stores. For example when the staff, the moment they scan the item or enter the item number in the transfer, IF the current unit cost of the item is zero then system should give an error/ Stop.

This should be pretty simple. When the user scans or enters an item on the transfer line, you should write a code to check the unit cost and if it is zero, put an error there.

However, I agree with Shridhar and others, that you should find out more details about the situation from the local solution center as it seems this is a LS Retail solution we are handling here.

Chn
    Dear Chinmoy,

I will contact the support guys over here.

But Kindly tell me with little detail that how can i make this happen i mean where do i have to add the code and what should be code.

My problem will be sorted out.

if the unit cost is zero it should give an error at the moment they scan it.other wise if unit cost is greater then zero then it should go ahead.

This way it will also help me find out if the purchase department has not yet posted the purchase invoice and if it's it's going physically!!!!

so kindly tell me the code and where to add that.
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Dear Fahd,

You can put the following code in the OnValidate trigger of the Item No. field in Transfer Line Table and see if this works for you:

First Declare the variable in C/AL Globals:

Name Type SubType
    Item - Record - Item

Item.GET("Item No.");
    IF Item."Unit Cost" = 0 THEN
    ERROR('Item Cost cannot be zero');

Chn
    thankss for the support. it's done!! :D

Appreciate your support!!