How to pull attendance data from biometric system to NAV

Parash25Parash25 Member Posts: 2
edited 2012-05-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,how to pull attendance data from biometric system to NAVision?Biometric system has provided me with a DLL file and the biometric system is IP based.I want to pull data from the system every hour.

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    What I understand here is that you need to know what methods are supported by the dll provided. Then probably see if the dll can generate .csv file or .xml files. If that is possible, then you need to design a dataport or an xmlport to import the data and can schedule this entire process to run at an interval of 1 hour.

Chn
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You should contact your vendor for the API details.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • RamshriRamshri Member Posts: 2
    Hello Parash25

CAMS Biometric attendance machines supports the Web API which you can use for integrating the machine with your server. As per the API Documentation , you need to expose an URL which will be associated with the attendance machine. After the association, every time a attendance gets registered, the associated URL will be called. Now under the URL, you can handle the attendance detail and store in your database.

Thanks
    Ramshri
  • In the POS instead of giving Staff Id and Password, the staffs should be able to logon by using fingerprint(biometric scanner).
    can anyone help.