Options

Sales invoice and my address

shankshank Member Posts: 55
edited 2012-04-27 in NAV Three Tier
When we do a sales invoice how come it does not know my address? Also need my bank address. How to do?

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Do you expect Yoda to read your mind and magically enter your address? :mrgreen:

You're going to have to let us know exactly what you are doing, what you expect to happen and what you want to happen.
  • Options
    Haha well when we print a sales invoice and we just see customer and bill to
  • Options
    Feel free to tell us a little bit about your problem. All you are doing is share one symptom. Describe the sales invoice in your system, whether there is an address there. Tell us about the report itself, did you modify it yourself or did your partner do that. Which version of NAV are you running, is it a classic report or an RDLC report.

Pretend that you know absolutely nothing about your problem, that you cannot see the problem, and that you need to solve it. Then try to imagine all the information that would be useful to know so that you can actually say something intelligent about it.

Right now it's similar to "I have a washing machine but my clothes are still dirty"
  • Options
    NAV 2009 R2 and we are using RTC
    We aren't even go live yet. We are in testing and noticed this. We have not made any changes to the sales report invoice so it is default. It does show addresses, which is the customer's. There are line items. Everything else is fine, just wasn't sure if it was normal to not have our company address on the invoice. How else does the customer know where to send?

Let me know if you need additional information. This is all new to us, so sorry I was vague with my input.
  • Options
    Alright so the address that you want to see on the invoice is the address of YOUR company, not the customer's address.

When you click "print" from the invoice, you get what's called the request page. You should see a fasttab called options. On this tab there's a checkbox that is labeled "Print Company Address". When you check this box, you should see the company address on the invoice.

If that doesn't help then you have a modified invoice report and you will need to get your partner involved to fix that. If you want your bank information on the invoice report, that would be a modification.
  • Options
    Awesome!
    Thank you!

How do you move where the address gets put? And what if you wanted to add a heading remit to: That is custom?
  • Options
    You would modify the design of the report. If you are a new customer, your partner at some point should talk to you about getting the report designer, about setting up the right software, and set up a training session on how to do report development.