Want the Cursor on the Item No in Item List

Stivan_dsouza21Stivan_dsouza21 Member Posts: 218
Want the Cursor on the Item No in Item List which is selected at the Sales Line.
Along with Sorting it with Alphabetically Order (Description).

I have written the below code.

Form - OnOpenForm()
SETCURRENTKEY(Description);
GetRecFilters;

GetRecFilters()
IF GETFILTERS <> '' THEN
ItemNoFilter := GETFILTER("No.");

But its not working.......
Thanks & Regards,
Stivan D'souza

Comments

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    Do you want to move the cursor to Item No column ?
    You can use CurrForm."Item No".ACTIVATE

Other question is why do you need to sort by Description ?
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • Stivan_dsouza21Stivan_dsouza21 Member Posts: 218
    I want the Cursor on the Item no. on same item whcih is selected at the sales line.
    I want the items to be sorted in alphabetically order (description)

Its client requirement......
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    I think we are getting things entirely wrong here... It is never recommended that we change NAV base code for silly requirements like focus on specific field, etc. I am sure that we need to convey a very clear message to the customer that such superficial changes are neither recommended nor entertained by any implementer.

Please try and understand the customer's exact need for the functionalities, instead of working on cursor focus (which a user can do with a single click of the mouse).
    When you open the item list from Sales Line, the selected record should be the same as the Sales Line.
    You need to put the CurrForm."Item No".ACTIVATE on the Open Form, however it will move the cursor to Item No. column every time you open the Item List.

Before you do the modification, better try to understand your customer exact requirement first.

Dans,
    Th requirment is on Sales Line if my item no is FGIL0010 then when in lookup into the item list my cursor should go at the Item NO FGIL0010. But when i lookup into the item list, currently the cursor goes on the First Item that FG0001.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
    There must be modification. Check the relation and the form.

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    In base NAV this does not happen Stivan (not even in India localized version). There must be some customization done, which has changed the default behavior on the base product.
    Ok Fine i will chekc it out......
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Dans,
    Th requirment is on Sales Line if my item no is FGIL0010 then when in lookup into the item list my cursor should go at the Item NO FGIL0010. But when i lookup into the item list, currently the cursor goes on the First Item that FG0001.

This is exactly why you DON'T do horrible things like this. I see it so often that the customer want, the customer needs and the customer is always right. (Often the conversation starts "well in our old system...")

Now finally the customer realizes they were wrong, and in reality they want Navision to work as Navision works. But instead of removing the mods (Aka errors/bugs/garbage) that the first developer made, you want to add more.

What you need to do is look at the standard Navision (Cronus W1) and learn from there. Then before you hit Shift+F12 the first step is to try it in the unmodified version of Navision.
    David Singleton