Management of budget entry

21ahmed21ahmed Member Posts: 24
Hi all,

Please i want to know how Navision proceed to insert Budget entry when i input data from the matrix of budget and not from the item budget entry form!!!?
I used the code coverage to know this and i find that the system didn't execute the oninsert() trigger of the item budget entry table.

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    21ahmed wrote:
    Hi all,

Please i want to know how Navision proceed to insert Budget entry when i input data from the matrix of budget and not from the item budget entry form!!!?
    I used the code coverage to know this and i find that the system didn't execute the oninsert() trigger of the item budget entry table.

Thank you for your help :)

There is no code, its standard Navision, been that way for 20 years. Pretty much one of the basic things that every developer needs to know.

Best place to start is the read the manuals, the CAL developers guide is actually pretty good.
    David Singleton
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    This is same as when you are going to put value manually in flowfield.
  • 21ahmed21ahmed Member Posts: 24
    Thank you for your answers :)

Yes i see,

In fact, i met this problem becuse i added some controls in the oninsert() trigger of "Item Budget Entry" table (i added ERROR message when my condition is not satisfied. So when i insert value from the matrix of Budget and my condition is false the system generate the error and at the same time it closes the form matrix (which is logic because it stops the execution of the the C/AL code).

I want to know if there is a solution so that the matrix budget form does not close (only the error message displays).

There is a solution that i made the seizure from the item budget entry form directly but with this i will lose features of the budget matrix that I don't want to do.

Have you some proposals please!