Options

NAS not running on windowsXP

lavakumarlavakumar Member Posts: 21
I am trying to run NAS on windowXP professional.
I intalled NAS as service for navision SQL version. When I start the NAS I get following message on the event viewer. Can any body help me with this I have all valid licenses.
"

Your program license does not permit more users to work simultaneously.

Wait until another user has quit the program.

Contact your system manager if you want to allow more simultaneous users on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

"

Thanks in advance

Lava Kumar :(

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I think that is because you are using a cronus license for your NAS. The cronus license only has one user on it I think, so you'd have to use your own license.
  • Options
    lavakumarlavakumar Member Posts: 21
    Thanks DenSter for the reply ! Yes you were correct. I imported my licenses again and now it gives me a different error message

No service could be started with start up parameter NASSQL

I am assigning NASSQL as start up parameter in NASMSnapin console

thank you very much again, if you can give me some idea on this new error message

Lava Kumar
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    No service could be started with start up parameter NASSQL
    This is the standard error message issued by the 'NASHandler' trigger in Codeunit 1 when the 'startupparameter' is not recognized.

Recommended reading: Installation & System Management: Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision Application Server ('w1w1atas.pdf' on the Product CD).
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That is exactly what is supposed to happen, because your Navision doesn't know that parameter yet. You need to program codeunit 1 to be able to handle that parameter before your NAS will work.

There's an article floating around here somewhere (search this forum on NAS and maybe MSMQ) that will walk you through an example of how to make NAS work with codeunit 1. Also, read the "w1w1atas.pdf" document on your product cd.