Link between GL entry and Detail Customer Ledger Entry

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
Hi All,
is there any linkage between GL Entry (Table 17) and Detail Customer Ledger Entry (Table 379) ??

i want to push GL Entry (Entry No) to Detail Customer Ledger Entry (i create new field named GL Entry No)
any hint how to add code from Adjust Exchange Rates ??
(report 595)

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Did you try with Document Type and Document No.?
    <EDIT> You can consider Posting Date too..
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    you mean document type and document no, in detail customer ledger entry to link back to Gl entry??
    i check transaction no on detail cust ledger entry, but this one is not unique
    i want to push entry no from GL entry to detail cust ledger entry
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    julkifli33 wrote:
    you mean document type and document no, in detail customer ledger entry to link back to Gl entry??
    Yes,

You can also get Customer Ledger Entry from G/L Entry using above filter and get detailed customer ledger entry with Customer ledger entry No.
    hi mohana,
    cannot... let me show you the sample report as this attachment
    i link it using posting date and document no
    not unique :(
    report 595 (Adjust exchange rate)
    how do this report insert to GL Entry?
    i still dont get it how to make linkage between GL Entry and Detail cust Ledger ENtry
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    julkifli33 wrote:
    i still dont get it how to make linkage between GL Entry and Detail cust Ledger ENtry

Hi julkifli33,

Report 595 has its own posting functions, more or less. Detailed Vendor and Customer Ledger Entries are inserted directly, the corresponding G/L Entries are generated in a separate G/L posting. The only link between these is the transaction no, but all G/L Entries of this posting have the same transaction no.

To answer your original question: I think there is no direct link between the G/L Entries and the Dtld. Customer/Vendor Ledger Entries. The best you can get is the transaction no.. For the initial entries the Entry No. of the Customer Ledger entry or Vendor Ledger Entry and the corresponding A/R or A/R G/L Entry are the same. As for R595, you get at least two G/L entries (one A/R or A/P per posting group, one unrealized gain or loss per posting group) and at least two, but usually lots of detailed C/L and V/L entries. The detailed entries represent a gain or loss, but technically both G/L entries resulted partly from the adjustment. So, there is no direct link to one G/L Entry No., only the Transaction No., which is already there.

HTH.

with best regards

Jens
    jglathe wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:

Hi julkifli33,

Report 595 has its own posting functions, more or less. Detailed Vendor and Customer Ledger Entries are inserted directly, the corresponding G/L Entries are generated in a separate G/L posting. The only link between these is the transaction no, but all G/L Entries of this posting have the same transaction no.

To answer your original question: I think there is no direct link between the G/L Entries and the Dtld. Customer/Vendor Ledger Entries. The best you can get is the transaction no.. For the initial entries the Entry No. of the Customer Ledger entry or Vendor Ledger Entry and the corresponding A/R or A/R G/L Entry are the same. As for R595, you get at least two G/L entries (one A/R or A/P per posting group, one unrealized gain or loss per posting group) and at least two, but usually lots of detailed C/L and V/L entries. The detailed entries represent a gain or loss, but technically both G/L entries resulted partly from the adjustment. So, there is no direct link to one G/L Entry No., only the Transaction No., which is already there.

HTH.

with best regards

Jens

Hi Jens,
    thanks for your explanation
    anyway... do you know where they do the looping for calculation?
    i dont want to do looping per group
    i just want to pass per document no
    thanks
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi julkifli33,

it's a bit more complicated... a buffer table (T331 Adjust Exchange Rate Buffer) is used for the accumulation. The G/L posting is done for every record in this table.

with best regards

Jens