Automation - CREATE-Error

BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
I have a dll which I could register with regsvr32 without problems. The dll was created in Delphi from an external company. In Excel-VB it works fine.
I can define a variable in Navision for this automation, so the dll should be registered correctly. But if I try to create an instance I get the "Internal error 33 in module 35", if I don't check the return value of CREATE.
I tried to register the dll in the Navision-Client-folder and in \windows\system32. I checked it with a Navision 5.01-Client on Windows Vista and Windows XP, but I can't create an instance.
Has anybody an idea what can be wrong with the dll? What should be considered by creating a dll for use in Navision?

Answers

• manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Try to clear the automation before create.

If clear(Automation) then
    create(Automation);
    Regards,
    Manish
  • BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
    Thank you for your information, manisharma31, but I do clear the automation before CREATE.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Bettina
    Can you create an instance using create statement if you use the return value?
    Regards
    Thomas
    Hello Thomas, if I check the return value, I only avoid the "Internal Error"-Message. It is not possible to create the instance.
    Can you talk with the developer of the dll? It could be a problem with the COM interface. What is the job of the dll?
    Regards
    Thomas
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Bettina, I am quite sure that you must have done this, still, I thought, some time we miss the obvious. When you say, "I tried to register the dll in the Navision-Client-folder and in \windows\system32." Did you register the dll from the NAV client folder or did you register from a different location and just copied the dll there?

Rgds,

Chn
    Hello Chn, firstable I copied the dll to the Navision-Client folder, then I registered it. Whats with the dlls which are linked in "My dll"? They are registered in \windows\system32, but do I have to copy these dlls to the Navision-Client folder? No, or?
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Hi Bettina,

In case your .dll registration was proper (as you have mentioned, that the registration process was not a problem), then I guess you need to discuss the issue with the developer of this. Also you can check the .dll by using it through some other option, for example, you can try the .dll with Visual Basic, etc.

Regards,

Chn
    Chn, the dll works fine in Visual Basic.
    Thomas, at the moment the dll is very simple, because it should be a test for a warehouse solution. There is only one function with 6 input parameters and a return value.
    Could be a problem with the interface.
    Try to discuss this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8156 topic with the programmer.
    Hope this helps
    Thomas
    Hello all, the developer of the dll found the solution today. The object must support a "lDispatch-Interface". Then you can create an instance in Navision. Don't know if it is an special option in Delphi or not. Now it works and I'm happy ...
    Thank you all for your support! Good to know there is someone in the world who wants to help.
    Glad to hear that!
    Regards
    Thomas