Image not showing in RTC report

dashenk23dashenk23 Member Posts: 40
edited 2012-04-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I'm trying to get an image to print in an RTC report, I have followed all steps in this documentation...

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/200 ... eport.aspx

The image shows in the Classic client, but in the RTC all that shows is the little box with the x...is there something else I am missing?

Comments

• manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Try with System.Convert.FromBase64String(Code.GetPicture())” or Check report id. 208.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Which one does not work for you, embedded or from database? Notice that with SP1 for NAV 2009 there is also support for External images.

If you are trying the to use an image from database, are you adding the image to the Header or Body of the report?

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • dashenk23dashenk23 Member Posts: 40
    Hi Claus,
    From database and I'm putting it in the footer (check signature bmp), I followed the instructions, the only difference is I put the Textbox in the Body at the bottom of the Body. The embedded works great, but our requirement is to have an alternate signature for a Bank Account, so we'd like it to be from the database. In Classic, it worked okay...they are 2009 R2. Thanks for your reply!
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    You should have a picturebox instead of a textbox.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    I do, I was referring to the textbox in the body section (Convert.ToBase64String()...), so that I can display the picturebox in the footer of the report.
  • Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    dashenk23 wrote:
    I do, I was referring to the textbox in the body section (Convert.ToBase64String()...), so that I can display the picturebox in the footer of the report.
    Does textbox in which you do "Convert.ToBase64..." show "Error" or nothing?
    In case nothing is shown I suggest you to check the "About this report" and the value of the field you're trying to convert.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
    Nothing is shown...where do you check about this report?
  • Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    1. Run the report
    2. Click blue question mark in top-left of the window > About This Report
    3. Close the report
    4. Run again the report
    5. Again "About this report"
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • ilianadlbilianadlb Member Posts: 40
    Hi dashenk23
    How do you solve this issue?, I´m facing the same, but nothing works.
    Could you please advise?

Regards
    Ilianadlb
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Try to show the base64 encoded image text in a text box in the same place as you would the image. This allows you to figure out whether the problem is with the image data flow or with rendering the image.
  • ilianadlbilianadlb Member Posts: 40
    sorry, but I didn´t catch you, could you please provide me further detils? or steps to show the image in base64?

Thanks in advance.
    Iliana